09 - Intervention

No one made a comment when Scott and I eventually made our way into the lake house. All eyes were trained on me and I noticed Malia's mouth was half open, like she had been informing the rest of the pack about what we were talking about. Aiden and Isaac did not appear fazed by overhearing the whole conversation we had, if anything, their anger toward Scott did not increase or decrease.

The one thing in the room no one could resist looking at was Stiles, who was struggling to keep the smile off of his face. His right hand moved in front of his mouth, covering the adorable and happy smile. I could hear how fast his heart was racing. Apparently, when Malia told them everything that was going on with us outside, Stiles wasn't able to contain his joy for what Scott said about him. That was the only thing that made sense to me.

Two car doors slammed shut in the driveway.

The thought of the whole room knowing Scott and I ended things forever wiped from my mind as I realized our new beta was right outside of this house. Our plan worked to get Liam here with Kira's help. Now, it was down to Scott and I to quickly figure out how to control a new teen wolf under his first night of a full moon. Considering Malia would need to be chained up in the basement and kept a close eye on, we would have to evenly disperse ourselves.

The first full moon was always a hard one. Who knows how Liam would react to it tonight? Scott and I needed to be prepared for anything, especially if something went wrong. Two Alphas in one pack was highly unlikely. We were bound to butt heads a lot. Isaac and Aiden were already causing problems by stating they wouldn't listen to a word Scott said.

My ears picked up the sound of their shoes scuffing against the pebbled ground on their way to the front door. I nervously shifted in my place between Scott and Stiles, mentally wondering if I was fully prepared for what may happen tonight. I was still getting used to being an Alpha hybrid, and now, I had a beta to deal with. Isaac and Aiden were never an issue for me.

"Where is everyone?" Liam asked. His voice was laced with suspicion, more or less confused about why there weren't more cars surrounding the lake house or why the house wasn't exploding with high school teenagers, who simply wanted to waste their night partying with cheap booze and loud music.

Kira hesitated, "They're here. It's a small party."

"You said everyone was coming."

"They are. They're late, and we're early." Kira's voice drew closer to the closed, front door, no doubt urging the freshman toward the door. "So, we better hurry."

Everyone's attention diverted to the front door. Scott and I gave each other one more look before fully focusing our attention on the door, which was nearly all the way open. In a few seconds, we would be on our way of explaining what the supernatural was to Liam, and waiting to see how he would react to such a thing.

"Yay! Party!" Kira exclaimed, hurriedly ushering Liam into the house first. She stepped through the doorway next and slammed the door shut behind them before any escape could happen. Kira grimaced when Liam shot her a dirty look for tricking him and bringing him to a living room with all of us inside. "Sorry." She apologized.

No doubt all of the shapeshifters in the living room heard the freshman's heartbeat begin to race. Liam glared at each of us, lingering a little longer on Scott and me, knowing his being here had something to do with us. "What the hell is this?" He immediately demanded to know.

Stiles took a small step forward. His hands clasped over each other out in front of him, eyes squinting at the teen wolf. The happiness he was feeling before drifted off of his face and he realized it was time to get down to business. "Think of it like an intervention, Liam."