06 - The Bite

"I was only gone for a few hours and you managed to bite some freshman at lacrosse tryouts." Aiden leaned against the counter by the fridge with his arms folded over his chest. 

My forehead rested on top of my arms on the kitchen counter. The three of us came back to Beacon Hills to help our friends with everything going on. We did not come back for me to screw it all up by biting some ignorant freshman. 

"I didn't mean to bite him." I lifted my head and set my chin on my arms. 

Isaac walked around the counter to stand beside me. "Well, it's not something you can take back." His hand fell on my shoulder. "The kid was kind of being a prick. I just wished you punched him instead of biting him and making him part of our pack." 

"He was pissing me off." I straightened up, running my hands through my blonde hair. "Eventually, I got tired of his comments and challenged him. I didn't even realize my fangs had come out until I tasted blood in my mouth."

"I figured out what happened when I smelled blood and saw the bite mark on his leg." Isaac removed his hand and leaned against the counter. He half shrugged while saying, "I heard her heart speed up and could smell her anxiety. It wasn't hard to figure it out." 

Aiden sighed, "Does anyone else know?" 

I shook my head once, "No, I didn't tell anyone, not even Scott or Stiles." My eyes shut for a brief second, in attempt to process everything. "I freaked out and left the field as soon as Coach took over. I didn't know what to do." 

"Where's Liam now?" Aiden glanced at the two of us. 

The three of us met up back at our house after the tryouts and when Aiden got back from the hospital. He was trying to gain intel about the kid that survived the axe murderer's attack.

I glimpsed at my brother beside me. He was the one to stay at tryouts after I took off. I panicked too much over the fact that I did bite Liam. It's taken me all the time in France to get used to being an Alpha hybrid. Now, I've bitten an annoying, little freshman that doesn't know how to keep his mouth shut. 

How was I supposed to be in charge of some new teen werewolf? Isaac and Aiden were already used to being werewolves when I became their Alpha. Liam was different. I don't know how to help a newbie wolf prepare for their first full moon. 

"He's at the hospital--" 

"Because I bit him?" I exclaimed at my brother, appalled. 

Isaac frowned with his eyebrows scrunched together. "What? No." He replied, "Dumb and Dumber broke his ankle when they went against him at tryouts." 

I fell back down to the counter, letting out a loud, frustrated groan. This day was just getting worse and worse. How did they even manage to break  his ankle? 

Did Liam even notice he was bleeding during tryouts? What if Scott smelled the blood, like Isaac did? No, if Scott figured out what happened, he would have said something to me. 

"So, what are we supposed to do?" I asked after a few minutes of silence. 

"We have a new beta in the pack," Aiden concluded. 

I gawked at him across the kitchen. I knew what Aiden was saying was right, but there was a part of me that was having a hard time believing I actually bit Liam. Lydia asked us to come back and help them with everything. This would just make things worse. I wasn't ready for something like this. 

"How am I supposed to tell Scott?" 

"Just say...'Uh, hey, I bit Liam during tryouts and, now, he's my new beta. My pack is still better than yours. Have a nice day.'" Isaac nonchalantly stated with half a shrug.