10 - Nobody

(Hi. Author here. Quick, little note for you guys...Play the songs when you read in this chapter about them playing. It's important. The first song is She Is Love [acoustic version] by Parachute. The second song is A Drop In The Ocean by Ron Pope. Okay, peace out.)

X

My body slammed into the wooden floor of the boathouse, head slamming down hard against it. A low, frustrated groan fly off of my lips and reached back to rub the sore spot on my head. Seconds later, Scott was pinned down to the floor beside me, struggling to fight back against Liam, who was viciously growling and lunging for Scott's face.

"Stiles!" Scott shouted, urging our best friend to work faster at wrapping the chains around one of the support beams of the boathouse.

A worried expression crossed Stiles' face. I pushed myself up from the ground, prepared to save Scott from the claws from tearing his face apart. A paddle board caught my attention on the floor. I snatched the paddle up from the ground, gripping it tightly in my hands before I swung it toward Liam. The paddle collide with the back of the wild werewolf's head, instantly knocking him unconscious from the force I put behind it.

Scott breathed a sigh of relief after Liam collapsed on the floor beside him, no longer trying to kill Scott. My shoulders slumped as I let the paddle slip between my fingers.

"Holy--" Stiles stared at the teen boy's unconscious body. He looked between Scott and I, silently. The chains in his hands nearly slipped out of his fingers.

"Thanks." Scott breathed while he climbed to his feet.

I nodded once. We knew Liam would be a lot to handle on his first full moon. I don't think either of us expected Liam to be so strong or aggressive. Unfortunately, the best way to deal with him was knocking him out. The two of us managed to get Liam into the boathouse, but he immediately tried to attack us he saw the chains in Stiles' hands.

"I hit him pretty hard, so he'll be out for a while, but let's get him chained up."

Stiles held the chains in his hands, tying them around the support beam before he handed the rest to Scott, allowing him to fasten them around our beta. Hopefully, these chains would be enough to handle Liam whenever he would wake up again. The last thing we needed tonight was a young, wild wolf on our hands, running through the town of Beacon Hills. I stood beside Stiles and waited for Scott to finish.

"That was a good swing." Stiles complimented me.

I half chuckled, "Thanks. Kind of been wanting to do that since the lacrosse field when he was talking trash about me."

Silently, Scott slid down against another support beam, slowly lowering himself down to the floor, a safe distance from Liam if he were to suddenly wake up. Realizing there was nothing else we could do, I sat down a few feet across from him, leaning back against one of the walls of the boathouse. For the time being, the three of us were allowed to relax until Liam woke up. Tomorrow, he'll be annoyed I was the one to hit him with the boat paddle.

My mind replayed the scene that happened in the house. What I said in the lakehouse was true. I never wanted this kind of life for Liam. No one should be forced into this kind of life, especially when you never asked for it. I think that was why I felt so guilty for bitting Liam. I knew what it felt like to be thrown in the supernatural world and be bitten without a choice. I knew how horrible it felt when your whole world turned upside down.

Even if Scott hadn't bitten him the same night, Liam would still be turned because of my foolishness. I wished I paid more attention and noticed my fangs came out. The bite had the ability to change your life, whether it was for the better or for the worse. The fate of Liam's life was laid out in the palms of my hands and there was this feeling, deep down inside the pit of my stomach, that I knew I was the sole reason his life would fall apart.