1. A New Day

It was a new day and the start of a whole new year of school. My class was the same as usual when I entered the building. My friends were chatting off together in the corner of the class, some other social groups were still together so that's good. I approached my own little group and waved at the first person who saw me.

''Heeeyy Red! How are you?'' Gold asked as he took a step forward towards me and raised his hand as he went for a high- five. I raised my own hand and high- fived him, a little too hard. And from the looks of it, he didn't expect how hard I'd hit. ''Damn! You're too strong for your own good!'' He said while cradling his now red colored right hand in his left.

I chuckled sheepishly and shrugged. Gold always was kind of like that. Having fun and not thinking about the consequences until he realizes that he had done something bad when it's already too late to turn back. He's just... What's the word? Impulsive? Or was it stupid?

''Ah- uh hi R-Red. How was your holiday?''

I looked past Gold to see Yellow standing there with a timid smile. She is one of the people that joined this school only 3 years ago. Apparently she used to live nearby me when I was younger. I don't really remember it because I was like, 7 or 8 and also because she moved away pretty quickly after. She's very kind to me ever after I told her where I live, though I'm not really sure why.
  She loves animals, that's what I know. Especially smaller ones like bunnies. She talks a lot about them and she has a white one at home. Which is cool because I have one myself too! So sometimes we visit each other and bring little Pika or Chuchu with us. It's really nice.

Yellow looked at me and waited for my answer. ''Oh, it was nice. We went to Japan to visit family. How about you? What did you do?'' I asked while looking into her sparkling amber colored eyes.

Said eyes widened at the sudden eye contact. They quickly moved away to look over my shoulder. She laughed a little with a very faint blush creeping up on her.

''O-oh I did nothing s-special. Just stayed at home y-you know?'' She stuttered. I gave her a light hearted chuckle and smiled at her. ''Okay. Good to know! Maybe next holiday you could come with me for a change? We're going to France my mom said.'' I told her. Yellow's eyes gave away that she was starting to panic. She gasped sharply and the faint blush from before had turned into a dark shade of rose red.

''Uh uh, n-no thank y-you. I-I-I'm allergic!'' She blurted out before speeding off to the other side of the classroom. I looked at her as she ran away from me with a confused expression plastered onto my face.

Did I do something wrong?

I tore my eyes away from her and then noticed Blue standing there. She looked at me wit a raised eyebrow, ''You're really stupid sometimes. Did you know that?'' She said. I shrugged, ''I guess?'' I said without really knowing why I apparently was stupid.

''Okay class! Take your seats. I have an announcement today.'' Our teacher miss Juniper said. ''What? You finally got a boyfriend?'' Gold asked jokingly. The teacher frowned at Gold as the class started to laugh at the joke.

''Just get back to your seats.'' She said with her arms akimbo. I did as told and went to my own desk and sat down to notice there was an empty desk right next to mine. A new one.

''So welcome back everyone to Contrast High! Hope you've all had a nice and relaxing vacation but school has begun so no feet on the table please.'' She said the last part while looking over at Gold who didn't seem to notice her stare. She sighed and continued, ''Now I want to introduce you all to a new student we have.'' Miss Juniper said. Now finally people became interested and murmurs were heard across the entire classroom. There was whispereing, there was talking and then I saw him. A pretty tall guy with spiky chestnut colored hair walked in te class. His eyes were colored dark green but had a special glimmer or sparkle to them. They weren't just a dark green, they were as beautiful as a gem. Emeralds, Peridots, Jadeites with the same shine as a Diamond. Overall they were, beautiful.

''This is Green Oak! Now why don't you introduce yourself?'' Juniper asked him. Green shrugged in response, ''Well, I'm Green, I used to live with my parents in Japan but moved here with my grandpa and sister and... That's it I guess.'' He said. Miss Juniper nodded. ''And isn't your grandfather the famous professor Oak?'' She asked. Green sighed and nodded whish caused everyone to start talking even more. ''Well isn't that interesting? now why don't you take a seat next to Red over there?''

I waved my hand at Green and he walked over to the desk next to me. ''Hi I'm Red. Nice to meet you!'' I said with a bright smile. He waved back at me after he sat down. ''I think we'll get alon nicely. And uh, I'm also from Japan by the way.'' I said.

He pressed his lips together and it formed something representative of a smile. I laughed a bit at the weird sight, it was almost as if he didn't know how to smile. He blushed a little and looked away. How cute! Now I realized I wasn't really paying attention to class and quickly looked back in front of me. Miss Juniper had already moved over to a different topic. So I had to pretend to know what she was talking about.

First day of school... Already going incredibly well.

986 Words

Woah, I finally decided to post a new story~ I think the story's concept is really fun to write about so yeah.

The schedule is = every weekend 1 update

So, bye for now and see you next week!

~Pencil