111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

"Hello?"

"Hey."

I breathed out in relief. I was so glad to hear his voice again. Not only that but, he picked up for me.

"Why'd you call? Is everything alright?"

He seemed concerned about me. I closed my eyes for a brief moment and shifted my position. I felt my fingers wrap around my phone more tightly as I tried to think of the right words to say. Hmm well, what do I say?

What was I supposed to say?

I don't know.

"Yes, of course. I'm fine,'' I said quickly, ''how are you? You don't seem to be doing so good."

"Me? Oh. I'm just a bit sad."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why?" I asked. I felt a weird sense of deja vu wash over me.

I heard Red breathe out funnily,"You... Wouldn't understand."

What do you mean I wouldn't understand I understand things perfectly fine don't you trust me enough to tell me these things isn't my support enough for you why would you say that to me are you worried about something or is it my fault I don't get it I haven't done anything yet what are you doing why are you doing this to me it wasn't my fault

"What do you mean? Tell me, please," I breathed out, my voice slightly wavering.

"Can we not do this again?"

He sounded exhausted. Of course, he's fed up with your shit, Green.

"Red..."

"I've known Gold since elementary school- of course I'm upset!"

"Please Red, take your time. I'm still here for you."

He didn't reply. It was silent for centuries until he seemed to come up to a conclusion.

"You... You don't get it, do you?"

He seemed to be disappointed in me; like I had done something wrong. He sounded like he expected more from me.

"You still don't understand."

What am I supposed to understand?

"You're weird, Green."

A soft beeping came from my phone. He hung up on me.

''...So, I'm weird, huh.''

~342 words

This is so short but this is probably one of the most difficult stories I've written, not only on Wattpad but also on other platforms. I'll try to keep up with it, though.

Bye for now!

~Pencil