21. Ringing

First of all, I apologize for not updating in... 6-ish months.
Oops. I thought I was getting back into writing the last time I updated but apparently not. I'm not sure if this book is gonna get updated regularly from now on but don't worry, I won't forget about it.

On to the chapter~

My mom screamed at me when I came back home, she had her phone clenched in her hand and she looked like she was about to cry. I felt like a piece of shit for not telling her anything that's happened and why I wasn't replying to her. I should've given her a heads up.

''Why did you do that? I thought you got hurt?! Don't you know how dangerous it is these days? I was going to call the police!''

I thought she'd be more angry than sad but I'm not sure if I liked seeing my mom on the verge of crying more than I liked seeing her angry.

''Why didn't you answer your phone? Your family was worried about you! I'm just... I'm so-...!''

I couldn't sleep well last night.

I had a migraine and the neighborhood was being rowdy. My mom kept me up until midnight to yell at me and after that, when I was laying in bed, I still couldn't sleep. I could hear sirens from not too far away but I don't know if I was just imagining it. My head was spinning, I didn't want to focus on the sound of distress. I tried to close my eyes and fall asleep but I couldn't help but think about what my mom said. I was prioritizing my friends over my family who loves me.

Was there a way that I could've done things differently? What was going through my mind when I rushed over to Green's house? Was it really fair to care about certain people more if they all love you equally? How would you even know someone cares about you more than others? Do I value my friends more than I value my family? I don't even remember the last time I cried about something regarding my family.

The sound of sirens was getting louder and I realized that the sound was really coming from outside. I wasn't imagining it, but... Doesn't that mean an accident happened nearby?

...

I eventually had to get out of bed after sleeping approximately 2 hours. I already knew that today was gonna be a bad day. I stretched and yawned before getting dressed and brushing my teeth and all that.

When I walked downstairs, I tried to keep eye contact to a minimum. I could see my parents giving me a judging look from the corners of my eyes. My little sister looked at me and my parents in confusion, she didn't understand why they were being so cold towards me.

My mom put my plate in front of me without a word. At least I'm still being fed, right?

After breakfast, I immediately left to go to school, it was kind of pointless to stay at home any longer seeing as nobody was up for conversation.

I arrived at school, it seemed fairly calm here. There weren't a lot of students present today, actually. I went to class and waited for the others to arrive as well.

It didn't take long before I saw Crystal walk into class with a wary expression. She noticed me and walked over.

''Hey Red, don't you think the atmosphere here is a bit... Tense?'' She asked me in a serious tone of voice.

Now that she's mentioned it, it was. I didn't hear laughter in the hallways like always and people were worryingly serious. It made me more uncomfortable the more I thought about it. I furrowed my eyebrows,

''Yeah, I get what you mean.''

My classmates were coming in one by one, whispering to one another. I waved at Green who just entered the classroom and he waved back at me with a smile.

"Good morning, Red." He said as he sat down. I nodded as I mumbled a "good morning" back at him. Crystal seemingly ignored Green.

Crystal's eyes suddenly lit up, "Hey have any of you seen Blue recently?" she asked us. I felt a little disheartened at the mentions of Blue and shook my head no. I hadn't seen her around lately, I feel like she's been avoiding us after that freak incident. She lowered her shoulders in disappointment.

The teacher had walked into class with a sad expression.

"Students."

760 words (ITSSHORTIKNOW)

OKAY, ONCE AGAIN I'm sorry I haven't updated. I haven't been keeping up with writing as much and kinda moved over to using art as a creative outlet so, I didn't feel any motivation to work on this story as much as I used to. I also have been obsessive with other fandoms, of course, and they all released in the past 4 months and I'm a really bad procrastinator and aaaaaa

I'm just really sorry that I didn't just go on hiatus but also left off on a cliffhanger.

Anyways-

Bye for now!

~Pencil