7. Flowers

It was Thursday, two days after Miss Juniper had told us about Yellow. The entire class had a gloomy atmosphere as I had expected (and maybe caused). We haven't really talked much about Yellow or recess since we've avoided the topic and instead, have just gone through the day without interacting or talking in any form. It bugged me the first day but I contributed to it by not initiating any kind of conversation with anyone either so, I don't really have a say in that then, huh?

And now it's been two days since I've properly talked to people other than my family. I feel isolated and wanted attention but I could only think of Yellow and I could only miss her. This was a really unhealthy way of living.

I walked up to the front of the school and stepped up to Blue. I was determined to make today a better day than yesterday. I took a deep breath and smiled, ''Hey Blue!'' I called out to her. She turned around feeling slightly startled by me. Her mouth was slightly open but then she smiled because of this pleasant surprise. ''Hi Red.''

''How have you been?'' I asked as we started to walk to the lockers. I looked over at Blue who smiled nervously. She shook her head and said: ''Not well, but not horrible either.'' I nodded. I tried to keep the conversation by keeping small talk. Just until either Green, Crystal or Gold came along. Quickly after, I saw Green approach the lockers and put his bag next down to his locker. ''Red. Blue.'' He said without looking over to us. He grabbed a book out of his locked and put it into his bag. He closed both and turned to us with an indifferent expression.

I flinched and got nervous. His stare just gave me the same feeling I'd imagine someone got when they were caught cheating. I exhaled, shook it off and relaxed, ''Uh. Hi, Green.'' I said. He laughed a little and waved at the both of us. Blue sighed, ''Geez, you really are stuck up.'' She said while rolling her eyes. He scoffed,'' That's just your opinion... Red? What do you think?''

I blinked twice, ''A-ah, why don't you leave me out of this?'' I said while awkwardly laughing. Blue then turned to me with a sly smile, ''No Red, please do tell us your opinion.'' She whispered in a salty tone. I sweat dropped and backed up, ''Ahaha no no no I'd rather just stay out of this.'' I explained trying to get myself out of this metaphorical corner.

''Why won't you answer u-''

''YO EVERYBODY!''

I jumped in surprise but then I realized I was saved by Gold from having to answer their question and exhaled in relief. Thank God. Or... Am I supposed to thank Gold? The attention shifted from me to him who rode by on his skateboard. Though he very well knows that skateboards aren't allowed on school grounds. (It's not like it mattered anyways. The faculty has given up on stopping him by now.) ''You all finally done sulking?'' He asked loudly. he stepped off of the board and grinned. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Green glare at Gold for a few seconds. Gold's smile faltered and he sighed, ''Seriously, though, is everybody good?'' He asked.

We all looked at each other and nodded. When Crystal came around and everybody started talking again I felt a faint smile creep up on me. This was nice. We were all talking again like before. I kind of started to daze and daydream in the middle of the conversation. And while I was thinking, I got an idea.

''Hey,'' I spoke up. Everyone became silent and looked over at me. ''Why don't we bring some flowers for Yellow sometime?'' I suggested. They stared at me, for them it was kind of out of the blue for me to talk about Yellow again. They were talking about fun stuff and here I was again. Bringing the mood down. Oops.

But it had to be done, right? For Yellow's sake.

Crystal had her mouth slightly agape and then nodded with her lips pressed together. ''We should.'' She said with a determined look. I looked over to Blue who nodded in agreement and then at Gold. ''I've already gotten the perfect place to get them in mind!'' 

I looked over at Green who was curiously looking at me. ''Then why don't we go today? After school.'' He suggested as the others had started talking about the flowers already.

''Yeah, that's a good idea.'' I replied.

For some reason, I can't stop thinking about her. It's always me who bring up Yellow. Maybe because nobody cared as much about her as I did? But I'm the only one to feel empty somehow. We've lost a friend that's been with us for years and nobody seems to care as much as I do. Or maybe they keep it to themselves? That sounds better and nicer than the idea of them not caring about Yellow. I'm going to pretend that that's what's happening. If it's the truth, or not.

We went to class after we had finished putting our stuff away in the lockers. "We should get pink flowers. Yellow thought pink looks the best on flowers." Blue said. Crystal nodded and put her finger up, "She liked those, she even decorated Chuchu's cage with some but the bunny kept nibbling on them." She recalled with a smile. I laughed a bit at the memory.

Gold spoke up as if he had the greatest idea ever. "Why not get some yellow flowers too? Because we call her Yellow? Get it?". Crystal shook her head but it actually wasn't such a bad idea. We could get some dandelions for example, those blossomed in the spring and kind of represent the spring. Somehow, I find her personality and person fit with the season of spring. Joyful and bright.

"It's not a bad idea, we could get dandelions for her."

1003 Words

I forgot an update. I'm sorry.

A writer's block just kind of hit me like a bag of chips. Like BAAM!~~

Sorry, Mystic Messenger reference.

I hope you liked the chapter!

Bye for now!

~Pencil