10. And...?

The walk home was uncomfortably silent. Nobody really talked to each other and since nobody else did, I didn't bother doing it either. The sun was setting and that resulted in a yellow-orange colored sky. It was starting to get late. I exhaled in distress and quickly turned to look at Green. ''We should hurry up, it's kind of late.'' I stated, interlocking eyes with Green but addressing both Blue and Green.

I was seemingly ignored by the both of them as they kept on walking without a reply. It wasn't like they didn't hear what I had just said, they reacted by picking up the pace. I noticed Blue walking over to be on the left side of me instead of behind me. Green walked closer to me over to the right side and eyed Blue with a slightly skeptical look. Blue tensed up and continued walking ahead.

What's going on?

We parted when everyone was familiar with their surroundings again. Everyone with their own flowers and their own problems. I was left with nothing but my thoughts of why Blue and Green were so tense just then. Was it because we were getting flowers for Yellow? A person who had just passed away? But, it doesn't make sense if that were the case, they were just fine before I left.

I reached inside of the pocket of my pants and took out the house keys. I opened the door and walked inside the unlit house. I was alone. My little sister had a play she was in with her class tonight so, mom and dad when to go see it. I didn't go because it wasn't mandatory for me to go and I didn't really feel up to it. Normally I'd join my parents and see it because it makes my sister happy to have the whole family there. She'd have another thing to gloat about to me but, I wasn't feeling all that happy when my mom asked me about it.

I put off my shoes and set them down by the shoe rack. I left the hallway and went ahead to sit down on the couch and put the flowers down on the coffee table and pulled out my phone. I relaxed into the piece of furniture while exhaling in satisfaction.

I unlocked my phone and remembered something.

''Red: Did everything go alright with your mom?''

I sent the text to Gold. I waited shortly for a response and my phone buzzed.

''

Gold: Yes! She can finally go home next month

Red: Oh really? Thats amazing

Gold: How did it go with you, Green and Blue?

Red: It was okay

Red: the people there were really nice

Gold: Yeah, they are

Gold: But what happened?

Red: I don't know

Red: The atmosphere suddenly got really down

Red: The way back home wasn't nice either

Gold: Was Green being a weirdo again?

Red: No

Red: He's not a weirdo

Gold: Hmm... Whatever you say

Red: What do you think could've happened?

Gold: Well it could be that he...

Gold: Insulted a flower that Blue picked?

Red: What?

Gold: Idk

Red: Where did that thought come from?

Gold: I don't know

Red: Why?