9. Blue

We were walking on a sand pathway with flowers along the sides. They lead up to a colorful hill with all sorts of flowers in the colors of the entire rainbow covering the grassy and lively place. It was almost like it was straight from a fairytale. Truly magical. My lips curled up into a smile and I turned around to look back at Blue and Green. Blue also seemed to find everything here really pretty. She sighed with a dreamy gaze, ''I wish I got some flowers on here from a secret lover~'' She chimed

There was a small store with glass walls and white painted wood signs on top of the hill. There were around 4 people walking around the place and 2 people working there. ''That's probably it.'' Green pointed out. I nodded in agreement and picked up the pace. I put my hand on the handle and pushed the door open. A little bell chimed and we were greeted by a tall woman with pink hair. ''Ah, welcome!''

''Oh, could you please help us? We don't really know what we're supposed to do. Our friend Gold told u-'' the woman widened her eyes at the mention of Gold for some reason. ''So, you're friends with Gold?'' She asked. I shrugged, ''Well, yes.'' I said. 

She laughed, ''That sweetheart! Comes by every week for his mother. A real loyal customer too!'' She grinned. Huh, that was more times than I had anticipated. Every week is kind of much, isn't it? I'm imagining this hospital room, filled to the brim with colorful flowers and smelling like a perfume store. If I could draw it and show you what I mean, I would.

''Could you help us out with picking flowers?'' Blue asked as she took a step forward. The woman smiled, ''Yes, of course! That's part of my job. What is the occasion?'' she asked. I felt my mouth turn dry. I took a deep breath but Green spoke up so I wouldn't have to. ''A friend of ours has passed away and we wanted to bring some flowers for her.'' He explained. The smile on the woman's face faltered and she nodded. ''Oh, in that case, I actually think it might be better if you all arrange a bouquet by yourselves. I will lead you to the back where the potted plants are because they're the nicest. Does that sound good?'' She asked. Blue and I nodded.

She showed us where the flowers were and gave us a quick explanation as to what which flowers were. She let us be and take our time. 

Blue looked over to me, ''Do you know what you want to do?'' She asked me. I shook my head. I usually don't hang around with flowers of any kind so, I don't know which flowers I should use. Blue nodded slowly and then smiled. ''Well, let me help you!'' She grabbed me by the hand and lead me through the place. ''If you don't know what kind of flowers to choose, just choose the ones with the same kinds of colors! At least it would turn out pretty.'' She explained. Blue then grabbed a white rose and then a pink rose. She held them in front of my face.

''If you take white flowers, you can combine them with any kind. Usually, it'll still be pretty.'' she put two away and then grabbed a purple tulip and a blue orchid instead. ''Or if they have similar colors because they're next to each other in the color spectrum. It can be really pretty too.'' She told me. I nodded slowly. ''What are you going to do?'' I asked.

Her shoulders dropped, ''I... I'm going to do some flowers that remind me of Yellow.'' She said.

With the advice Blue gave me when it came to colors, I put the following flowers together:

White roses

Pink roses

Lilies

A single orchid

Purple hyacinths

A few dandelions

They may not look the prettiest together but I fell like they represent my relationship I had with Yellow. Then again, I don't really know the meanings some flowers hold so, that's kind of contradicting to what I just said. I'm just doing what I feel like I should. I turned to Blue to see her giant bouquet with mostly pink and yellow flowers. I couldn't recognize them all but from what the florist told me and what I've learned from Yellow when she was still alive, I saw:

Azaleas

Marigolds

Red Daisies

Mixed Zinnias

Striped Carnations

Eglantine Roses

''Uh, I think I'm going to pay for the flowers, you?'' I said to her. She shot up, ''Oh yeah. Uh, bring mine with you. I'm just going to... Admire. The flowers for a moment.'' She said while handing over her bouquet and her wallet. Hey, I could actually steal her wallet right now. 

''Don't you dare take some of my money. I'll know.''

Or not.

I looked over at Green, ''And you?'' He looked down at the flowers at his hand and gave them to me. ''Could you help me pay as well?'' He asked. I nodded as he proceeded to hand over his wallet. I smiled at the two, ''I'll be right back!'' I said. I walked over to the door and left the two alone to fo to the cashier. I walked past the large flowers pots and through the groups of people that had suddenly arrived at the shop. This was a fairly big store for being in such a secluded area. I waved over to the woman we'd met earlier and put the flowers on the table in three separate groups. I looked at the florist, ''I'd like to pay for these flowers.'' I said. The woman looked at the bouquets and counted the flowers and wrote which ones they were. She proceeded from my bouquet to Blue's and from Blue's to Green's.

She mumbled something under her breath and spoke up to start small talk, ''Who arranged this bouquet?'' she asked. I blinked, ''Oh, that was Green. My friend with the green eyes.'' She gave me a weird and skeptical look before laughing a little. ''Your friend has a slightly grim taste.'' She joked.

But what does that mean?

I think those flower are pretty. Irises are nice in my opinion. I laughed a little to not make the situation awkward and/or to seem stupid. I also didn't want to be rude.

She wrapped the flowers up in a see-through foil of some sort and handed them over to me. ''That's $12,- I'm giving you a discount because you're friend with one of our best customers and also, it's going to a good cause.'' She said. My mouth was slightly agape in surprise, ''Thank you very much.'' I said. I opened my wallet, Blue's and Green's to pull out $4,- total per person. I handed it over to the woman. ''Have a nice day!'' She said. I put my own wallet back in my own pocket and tried my best holding all the flowers in my left hand simultaneously. ''Thank you.''

I looked at my phone and read the time. It was 6:30 PM. Quickly I walked back to Blue and Green. ''Guys! Let's go, it's getting late.'' I said to the both of them. Blue had her back turned to me and Green was facing her. Green looked back at me with a slight smile, ''Already? Oh.'' He grabbed his bag that he had left on the ground next to him and walked to me. Blue turned around and wiped her eyes and breathed and shaky outwards sigh.

She flinched when she saw me and forced a smile. ''Yeah! Let's go~ I'm probably late for dinner by now. Don't want to worry my parents, right?''

1275 words

I did so much research for this chapter. Flowers, man. They are pretty, yet complicated.

Pretty complicated.

It's fun to know what they mean, though.

Bye for now!

~Pencil