13. Blue

''I wish I could've come with, yesterday.'' I heard Crystal say. I turned around and saw her standing on her toes to look over my right shoulder and catch a glimpse of what we all had in hand.

''They're all so pretty.'' She said with a smile. I nodded, it was the best I could find to fit Yellow's personality. I put a lot of thought in it so, I was glad someone appreciated it. ''Oka, well... Let's do this then, I guess.'' Green said. I walked over to her old desk first and placed the flowers down. Blue and Green proceeded to do that as well. It was silent.

We stayed still and I started wondering what the others were thinking about. The air felt heavy and I kind of disliked it but at the same time, I didn't hate it. It was weird.

I saw that the teacher had left us alone without questioning anything we were doing and, I was very grateful for that. I'm glad she understands that we wanted some privacy. Then, for some reason, I had started zoning out. I had many days of thinking and contemplating about this and I thought I had accepted the fact that she wouldn't be returning to us but, I guess I'm still not over it. I felt, dejected. I mean, it's just so strange to think about. Such a serious matter like this had happened to a regular group of teens. But, I guess that death happens to everyone. It's just so sad she died in an accident so early in life.

My chest tightened and I took a shaky breath- why was breathing becoming so difficult?

I rebounded, kind of. I looked over to everyone and showed an anguished smile. ''Y-yeah uh... Guys, let's go. The uh... The- we'll miss recess if we don't get going.''

And so much for an upbeat atmosphere.

We decided to go eat outside by our spot again for the first time in a while. I breathed in the fresh air and...

I feel better already.

Someone then delicately tapped me on the shoulder and I froze. I turned around and for a split-second, I thought I saw Yellow standing in front of me but it was Blue. Gosh, I really am kind of stupid.

''Blue.'' I said, feeling a little surprised.

She looked around and then looked at me with a distressed expression. ''Red, please come with me.'' She whispered. I furrowed my eyebrows out of confusion.

''I don't know, can't you do it after school? I'd rather have my lunch right about now...'' I told her. Blue seemed to become very panicked. What was it she needed from me that she couldn't just ask for later? Wait, upon further inspection... She seemed to be on the verge of... crying?

''Please...'' She desperately pleaded. This was very unusual but, it must be very urgent or important to her. I sighed and shrugged, giving in. ''I- okay?'' I answered. She quickly took me by the hand and dragged me away from the group in a hurry. I had trouble keeping up with her. A few seconds passed and I heard a voice exclaim something very loudly. I flinched but Blue then proceeded to pull even harder and started running. My heart rate started speeding up and, I wondered. What in the world was happening?!

Blue suddenly tugged at my arm which caught me off guard. I fell to the ground and when I tried to get up she was pulling me upright while muttering apologies over and over again, like some kind of mantra. I was kind of tense because of all this.

I heard someone walking to us and I thought I saw Blue crying.

''God, help me...'' She whispered to herself. But, first of all: I thought she didn't believe in God and second of all: What was so scary that made her cry?

''Hey...'' I heard someone say from behind me. I flinched and I didn't dare to look around but, I was curious as to what was happening. I had to know. I got up and turned around.

I sighed in relief, thank God.

It was just Green.

''What were you two doing? Crystal and I were waiting for you two.'' Green said as he flashed a smile at me. I felt my heart calm down after seeing his smile. It was cute and I noticed he had gotten better at smiling normally now, haha. It's funny thinking about the fact that he had to learn how to smile. It's silly, really.

''Blue just wanted to be alone with me for a moment, I think.'' I explained. Green squinted his eyes while looking over to Blue. What? Oh- I suppose it does sound weird if I phrase it like that? ''Ah- it's not like that or anything! ... I think?''

What would that imply again? I'm not very good at these 'innuendos' that Blue used to call them. There are so many things I don't understand that she or Gold says. There was a time period where Gold used to say: ''That's what they told!'' or something like that, all the time. I admit that I have weird friends.

Green nodded at me, ''Well, come with me then. Don't want to skip lunch, right?'' He said with a smile. I chuckled, finally someone who agreed with that notion. ''Yeah... Let's go, Blue.'' I said. I grabbed her hand and tugged her along but she resisted and stood still, not moving an inch. She laughed softly, ''You know what? I-I'll just, eat somewhere else today.''

''Huh? Why?'' I asked her. She laughed in an uncomfortable manner, ''I- I thought I'd maybe sit with... R-Ruby and Sapphire today...?''

I was still unsure, the answer didn't convince me.

''Well, that's nice. I'm sure they'd enjoy the company. Let's go now, Red.'' Green said. He stuck out his and I accepted it, slowly.
''Umm... Okay then.'' I hesitantly said. I walked with Green and he talked to me but I couldn't really focus on what he was saying. I was worried about Blue, she seemed kind of out of it the last few days. I'm afraid that the lack of Yellow'S presence is affecting Blue more heavily than I thought.

She lied. I looked back and saw her walk away from us to the inside of the school and probably went to go eat in class. She didn't care to go eat with Ruby and Sapphire, she just wanted to stay away from us.

I bumped into Green and almost caused us to topple over. ''Ah- sorry.'' I quickly said as I backed up, away from him. I made eye contact with him and he seemed to be amused at what happened. I saw him grin but I averted my gaze out of embarrassment. ''I'm sorry, Green. I wasn't paying any attention and I- are you okay? I didn't hurt you or anything, right?''

I saw his next reaction and felt very panicky. His eyes started watering. Did I step on his toes or something???

Wait... he's smiling. ''Let's go.'' He said as he reached for my hand again and continued walking. I'm guessing he was alright.

We were nearing our place and I saw Crystal jump up from her seat. She walked to us with a concerned look, ''Guys, is everything alright?'' She asked. I nodded, ''Yeah.'' She 'Oh''ed but then looked around, ''Where's Blue?'' She asked out of confusion.

''She finally decided to leave us alone today.'' Green answered.

Crystal gave Green a look and laughed awkwardly, ''That's worded in kind of a harsh manner.'' She commented.

Yeah, I agree...

1246 words

asdfghjk yeah I updated O.o 

I'm a little late but, I kinda forgot. I'll probably just pre-write some chapters for the next few weeks. 

Bye for now!

~Pencil