18. Gold

Green and I arrived at school together. I was sleepy, a little sore and I woke up with a slight headache. Green helped me up and brought me breakfast. I found my phone in the living room and turned it on to see that my mom had left over 30 messages. I sighed and turned off my phone. The way to school was blurry. I knew we were talking to each other as we were walking but I forgot what we were talking about.

Now we were inside our classroom as usual. I suddenly remembered a specific event from yesterday and stood up to look out of the window, putting my hands on the windowsill. ''What are you doing?'' Green asked me. I turned my head a little towards him, ''I- I was looking for Blue...?'' my voice sounded weirdly timid. Green raised an eyebrow at me. I let go of the ledge and took a step back, ''I was wondering if she'd make it today.'' I explained.

The bell rang and it didn't take long before some students walked inside. I kept on looking Green in his gem-like eyes and eventually, I walked back to my seat, head down. Class was starting soon anyway. If she wasn't coming today then she probably was avoiding us on purpose.

''I'm here!''

I heard a loud and familiar voice coming from over where the door was. I looked over to where the sound came from and saw a bright Gold standing there with a confident smile. He seemed back to normal and way better than yesterday. Wow, he recovered quickly. ''Hey, Gold!'' I exclaimed. He walked over to me and gave me a bear hug and out from the corner of my eyes I could see Crystal walking after behind Gold. I patted him on the back and let go. I chuckled,

''You're looking better already.'' I said. He nodded and smirked, ''A measly stomach bug couldn't hold the mighty Gold back from seeing his friends!'' He put his arms on his sides and puffed out his chest. Crystal gave him a look that said: 'Seriously?'

She put an arm on his shoulder and his stance relaxed. She looked over at me, ''He was practically crying while hunched over a barf bucket.''. I grimaced at the visual image. I shook my head to stop thinking about it, ''So, it was a stomach bug?'' I asked. Both of them shrugged, ''I don't know but, I'm gonna have to make sure he's more careful with whatever he's eating!'' Crystal said with a slightly annoyed expression. She tried her best to hide it but she was definitely annoyed by Gold's attitude.

Miss Juniper walked into the class like any other day. I went back to my seat after saying a few more unimportant words to them.

Blue didn't come to school again today.

I was slightly worried and slightly frustrated. This was all because of some stupid mood swing she had as she suddenly just turned on us.

School ended and honestly, I still felt like shit. I didn't say something wrong to her, right? I don't know. She suddenly was acting so strange towards all of us. It's not that important though. She'd clear her head and go back to school like usual.

During the lunch break, Green frequently asked if I was okay since I was spacing out so much. During class miss Juniper even told me to go freshen up in the bathroom.

Even now.

''Hey, dude. You okay?''

I turned around to see Gold standing there with a faltered smile. I breathed in and held my shoulders up, ''Yeah, man. Of course, why are you asking?'' I said feeling a weird unease in my stomach. I averted my gaze when he furrowed his eyebrows and cocked his head to the side. Why was he so worried about me? I was just kind of worried about something stupid. He sighed and shook his head, ''Red, you're worse at lying than Crystal.'' He said. I was a little taken aback by that statement, and also confused. Crystal, lies?

Gold grabbed me by the hand and pulled me out of the school, ''Let's go!'' He exclaimed. ''Wait- wait where to? What are you-'' he kept on pulling me along until we were out of school grounds. I was pretty sure nobody knew where we'd suddenly gone off to since we just left without any warning.

Sorry for the short-ish chapter >.<

I'm getting back into things now that school's back here to ruin my days again so... Writing :D

Bye for now!

~Pencil

Ps. I've got something planned for in the future to put in this book so YEAH