2. A Secret Place

The bell rang, it was lunchbreak. Finally. I put my books in my backpack and saw Gold and Blue approach me. Gold walked closer to me to whisper something in my ear. He looked around him, making sure no one was looking before saying: ''That new guy kinda seems weird'', in my ear before taking a step back.

I shrugged, ''I don't dislike him. He's kinda funny.'' I replied.

Gold pulled an uneasy face. ''Nah... No... I don't know.'' He said, looking genuinly unsure about the situation. I turned around, seeing Green walk out of the class, alone, with his lunch box in his hands. I sighed and approached him.

''Hey Green!'' I called out. He froze and turned around to face me. ''Why don't you sit with us?'' I asked. I saw Gold look at me with a betrayed looking face. I felt a little bad for him but at the same time I didn't. He was being mean to be honest. I looked Green in the eyes and waited for an answer. ''Uh... Sure.'' He answered. I smiled and nodded.

Blue walked to us, ''Hello there~ My name is Blue.'' She said to introduce herself. She stuck out her right hand and Green shook it. Blue and I both looked at Gold who was sitting on a desk with a childish pout on his face. He had his arms crossed and was turned with his back to us.

Crystal and Yellow were walking towards Blue and I. ''Oh hi.'' Crystal said when she noticed Green standing here with us. ''Uh, I'm Crystal and she is Yellow.'' she said, pointing to herself and Yellow respectively. Green nodded.

I saw that Gold had turned around when he heard Crystal speak.

And Crystal noticed that.

''Gold, what are you doing?'' She asked in a somewhat annoyed tone. He flinched out of surprised and then quickly tried to recover and come over as cool.

''O-oh nothing, j-j-ust checking the time.'' He said as he stood up. Gold looked nervous as she raised an eyebrow at him but then his eyes widened and he relaxed from his previously tense state. ''Because it stands still whenever I look at you.'' He said with a smirk. Crystal blushed. She tried to say something along the lines of: ''Shut up you idiot!'' But nothing came out. Gold looked over at Blue for approval, which she did by mouthing: ''Nice save'' to him.

He grinned and looked back at Crystal who was still flabbergasted. He tried to hold back enormous laughter from escaping his mouth but then couldn't take it anymore when Yellow waved her hands in front of Crystal with no reaction. Crystal snapped out of it and was fuming. She looked at him as he was rolling over the floor laughing. She took a step closer to him and kicked him with all her strength to send him flying across the classroom.

I looked in awe as he hit the computers on the desk and knocked them all off. Crystal then realized her mistake and hurried over to the boy to apologize. I tore my eyes away from the scene and saw Green who was looking at me the entire time. I felt my face heat up at his intense stare. He then jumped when I made direct eye contact with him.

I chuckled timidly at the awkward situation that just happened. he blushed and looked down to the floor, away from me.

''So uh...'' I began, ''let's head outside now.'' I finished.

Gold stood up with a groan and some help from Crystal. He nodded at me and coughed. ''Yeah, let's go.''

We went to the edge of the school grounds and sat down on our usual spot. Not many people went here because was either:

1) They didn't know about it

2) They didn't bother crossing all those paths and obstacles leading to here.

It was nice enough for us to stay here though. Even if climbing fences and moving dumpsters was a drag.

The spot itself used to be this dirty corner against the walls of the school. On the opposite side of the broom closet. Empty.

Blue came up with the idea last year to clean this place up and mike it our own hangout. Gold and Crystal executed it after school. Yellow later on brought furniture, old furniture but a place to sit on nonetheless.

Yellow and I maintain the place with some of Crystal's help from time to time if she isn't busy.

We've grown so accustomed to this place to the point that we would come here afte school hours, just to hang out sometimes.

''Voila!'' Blue cheered when we revealed the palce to Green.

''Regarde la pièce de résistance!'' She continued with a pleased look on her face. Green looked around the place with a face that I can only assume means that he is impressed.

''Looks... Cool.'' He sad in a monotonous voice. Blue took offense to that lacking reaction and scoffed at him. She sat on the nicest chair there was, as some sort of revenge I guess...?

I took a seat on the couch that was covered in a thin layer of dust. I needed to clean the place up today. We haven't been here in a while.

When everyone in the group sat down, Green was still standing there with his bento box in his hands. I patted the empty space beside me. ''Why don't you come sit next to me.'' I suggested. Green looked at me and nodded before sitting down next to me. He opened his box as I did.

So my mom packed rice (of course), sashimi, fried fish and some gyoza. Seemed like she was in a very good mood today.

''Itadakimasu.'' Green and I said simultaneously before eating.

Gold snickered, ''Now we have TWO Japanesies here in our class.'' He jokingly said to insult us. Crystal punched him in the arm.

''I think it's pretty cool, our school is so culturally diverse. I mean, Yellow's mom and dad are from Spain, Xavier and Yvonne are from France, Platinum is from Britain, Ruby and White are from Canada, Sapphire is from Australia and you two are from Japan. Isn't that amazing?'' Crystal pointed out.

''Psh... Don't leave me out.'' Blue said before she took a bite out of her sandwhich.

''Yeah SSG, don't forget us Americans! It's 2016, there is no time to be racist now!'' Gold said.

Crystal sighed.

Gold opened a bag of chips and put some in his mouth. He leaned closer to Crystal and intentionally started chewing and crunching on the snack loudly in Crystal's ear. Making her eye twitch severely out of annoyance.

Green looked at me, this time seeking for my help. I think because he was kind of just, awkwardly sitting there while those two were on the edge of starting a fight. I swallowed.

''Don't worry, you'll get used to it and fit in later. I promise.''

''Thank you.'' He said to me with a real smile. And before I knew it, I was smiling at him too.

1150 Words

Another chap done! The new book hasn't been fully implemented in my mind, it is likely I'll forget an update.

But I want to know how many people are reading this so. IF YOU'RE HERE COMMENT: ''AAAYYYY''

Thank you.

Bye for now!

~Pencil