16. Conversation

It felt like I had little to no control over what I was doing. My legs just kept on moving. I recognized a house that was over to my right. A lonely, black and golden colored canine looked over and greeted me from the window. I smiled briefly and glanced at the parking spot. I saw there was no car parked by the house. Gold's dad wasn't home.

Pitter patter, pitter patter. The streets got less crowded, I was getting in the more rural area of the town. Okay, where do I go now? ''You'd turn left at the end of the street and continue walking until you find a path on the other side of the road. Walk on that path and you'll find my home.'' I recalled Green saying.

I turned left and saw a small, obscurely placed path a little ways down the road on the other side of the street. It led into the woods. Was this really it though? I mean, it fit the description but it's quite scary. Creepy too. Wasn't there any other path he may have meant instead?

I mean... Haha, I could just turn back and forget about it. No big deal.

I sighed and crossed the street. I've mustered up all of my courage and went into the gloomy forest. I still felt hesitant but I did it despite the hint of fear I was experiencing. I started walking on the little dirt path and noticed the trees were shielding me from the rain. At least there's something nice about this situation I suppose.

I got a good glance at the forest from within. If you ignore is eeriness, it's actually fairly interesting and a cool place to be. It's very wooded and almost pitch black when you're walking through it. Reason 1) because it was already quite dark outside and 2) the trees were blocking most light out.

I knew it was here. I just remembered. It's Viridian Forest I think. Wow, I just got a huge wave of nostalgia as I remembered playing around the area with friends like Gold or Crystal. I don't remember there being a path like this before because I remember we had to be careful to not trip and fall everywhere in the forest with all the tree roots and holes. So if there was a path, we would've found it and made use of it. Then again, I haven't visited in a long time. I took a deep breath and realized the air was a bit more humid than I would like it to be. I heard the church bells ring from a distance which meant it was already 5 'o clock. If I didn't hurry up now, I was going to miss dinner and make my mom even angrier. I picked up the pace and after a little while I saw a building. So, all hope isn't lost. At least, I'm not lost in Viridian Forest which is like, one of the biggest forests in the area. (I mean, I guess I'm on a path that could lead me right out and I'm also somewhat near a friend's house, with an Internet connection so I guess I wouldn't get lost that easily.)

When I was in the heart of the forest, I got into a big, open area with one gigantic mansion in the middle. The air was fresh somehow. And, I know his family is rich, his grandfather is a famous professor and his parents were successful too I believe but, wow. This was a mansion fit for 4 celebrities and a president. I am very out of place here with my old and soaking wet jacket and dirty jeans. Oh man, now that I remember how rich he is...

You don't think he'd send any type of fighting agency or something to my house to get me back for being mean to him, right? Because, I know he has the money for it. But that'd be crazy.

I shook the thought out of my mind but I felt a bit anxious despite that. I walked up to (what I thought) was the front door. I rang the bell and heard this entire song being played. (Man, I love fancy doorbells, to be honest) I took a step back and waited for a minute before I saw Green standing in front of me. I looked at him and I couldn't help but laugh. His hair was soaked and it looked kind of ridiculous. His entire attire was wet. Oh well, I guess I can't say anything about that actually.

He looked at me with a bit of worry. I was glad he wasn't hostile towards me though. I let out a breathy chuckle and smiled when I saw his eyes. Those gem-like eyes were showing a childlike sparkle. It was heartwarming and I felt all my regrets, anxiety and anger I experienced before, wash away.

''Red?'' He spoke out in – what seemed to me like – disbelief.

I averted my gaze in embarrassment when I realized I was staring into his eyes for a second too long for it to seem normal. I laughed a bit, ''Uh, can I come in?'' I asked. He nodded quickly in response and stepped aside to let me inside the house. When I set my first step inside I heard a satisfying echo go through the entire house. I put away my shoes though, I didn't want to leave mud trails on the floor.

The interior was just as extravagant and modern as the outside, the floors were a dark wood and the walls were a pure white. The ceiling seemed to have lights inside of them but I couldn't see them at all. Straight ahead from the door there was a big set of stairs that lead to the second floor. You could see the second floor's hallway from here too, it was like a balcony with multiple doors on the wall. There was so much space.

''Nobody home except you?'' I asked. He shook his head no.

''Who else lives here? There's enough room for the entire class to live here.''

Green shrugged and started walking to the living room area and he proceeded to sit down. His eyes wandered to his right, ''It's just me, grandpa, Daisy, mom and dad.''

I nodded my head slowly. I sighed, ''Hey, are you really alright? I'm worried about you and I'm... Sorry for what I said before. I didn't mean it.''

''You don't need to say sorry.'' Green said.

A brief moment of silence passed by until Green stood up and asked me if I wanted anything to drink or eat. I shook my head, ''Uh, anything to drink would be fine.''. He nodded and left the room.

Gosh, I should actually be furious right now. Knowing that I walked all the way over here for nothing. He already said he was fine. At least I know how his house looks like now.

So, how does Green Oak's house look like? Well, the answer to that is: pretty awesome.

It's just so weird, every time I see him I feel happy. His smile is just so relaxing to look at. It helped me cope with my emotions. He helped me cope with my emotions. When nobody is there for me... I chuckled a bit and felt this sad smile take place on my face.

''Green?''

I heard a faint ''Yeah?'' from across the house.

Seemingly out of nowhere I felt my eyes water up.

''Thanks for being here.''

1224 Words

Yay, I updated! And the book recently got 2K views so thank you all for that~

I've gotta get to pre-writing a few more chapters cause I've only got one/two more ''in stock'' but, I'm sure it'll be fine.

I hope you all enjoyed this one though and if you did, leave a comment or a vote or whatever. Or don't, I don't mind xD

Bye for now!

~Pencil