Why are you with him?

The joker awoke in a cold sweat. He turned over to see Harley asleep next to him. He was so relieved he almost cried. "Harley baby I'm so glad your ok!" He didn't care that he woke her up. He held her and he didn't let go. "Hey Mr J what's wrong?" Harley asked sleepy yet concerned as she rolled over to hug him. "I just had a terrible dream Harley." He tried not to cry but a tear slipped down his cheek. "Puddin... are you sure? I have never seen a tear roll down your cheek before." He snapped. "Harley I said I'm fine!" She rolled over so her back was to him. She was so scared she bit her tongue in an attempt not to cry. He put his arm over her... "baby I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap I was just scared." He kissed her on the cheek and went back to sleep. She lay there and cried she hated how scared she had become of him. She always tried so hard but she never got it right. He pulled the cover off of herself and examined the cuts and bruises that laced her body. She then looked over her shoulder at the man laying with her. He seemed so calm and gentle in his sleep. How did he become this monster when he was angry. She rolled over and cried into his chest. His strong arm pulled her into a close embrace. She felt so safe in his arms but so scared at his touch. She was so confused. She eventually fell back asleep and woke to the sound of her alarm. She rolled over and switched it off before he woke up. She slid out of bed grabbed her dressing down and sleepily walked down the stairs. Her toast was already on the table with her coffee and a note saying.

Hey Harley.
I had to go out for business early today. I'll be back soon enjoy your breakfast and your coffee then you can either chill or go to back to bed my dear. Also I already fed the hyenas.
I love you baby

-J

She smiled as she read it. He did care she knew he did. She stood up to return to bed when Ivy and cat women appeared behind her. "How do you two do that?" She asked confused. "Don't you worry about that Harley." Ivy said as she sat at the table. "We heard he beat you again the other day we are just sorry we couldn't come round sooner... are you ok?" Harley nodded. "Yeah thanks red."
"Was it bad?" Selena asked looking concerned. "No it was just a few scrapes and bruises... only two fractures but they are ok now. You two really don't need to worry about me I'm fine." Ivy looked at her. "But one day he may hit you to hard. Why are you even with him harls you could do so much better. You could have batman if you wanted to, everyone knows he has a thing for you." Harley shook her head. "I could never leave him I love my puddin. And I know he loves me to." Ivy stood up. "If you say so Harley. Anyway we have got to bounce don't want to be here when crazy gets back I'm sorry I'll see you soon Harls." Ivy kissed her on the cheek and gave her a hug. "Okay red see you soon... bye kitty." She laughed as cat women jumped out the window.  About two minutes later the joker walked through the front door. " hey baby did you sleep well? Also I got you something." He handed her a box with a diamond ring in it. "Awe puddin you shouldn't have." She put it on her middle finger. He looked at her and smiled. "Wrong finger princess... the engagement finger is this one." He said opening his arms for a hug. "PUDDIN!!" Harley screamed as she jumped into his arms. He spun her around kissing her. "Puddin I love you!" She said kissing him again. He gently put her down. "I love you to my queen."

A/N sorry this chapter is so short and so bad 😂 I'm just so tired I will probably extend this tomorrow and tomorrow's will hopefully be better as I won't be as tired good night guys I hope you enjoyed it anyway.