Lucy

Joker was woken to Harley nudging him almost violently.
"What's wrong baby?" He asked sleepily. Her face scrunched up in pain for a moment.
"She's coming. She's coming now." Harley's voice was pained and panicked. Joker picked up his phone and called the doctor and the midwife.

He put the phone down and turned back to Harley.
"It's ok baby they are on their way. Have you're waters broke yet?" She shook her head and he stood up to go get her some towels.
"Don't leave me." She cried to him. He put her chin in his hands soothingly.
"I'm going to get you some towels baby ok." She nodded and watched him walk out. A couple of seconds later he came back in with a couple of black towels.
"Sit on these baby." She stood up while he positioned the towels beneath her. He also put some cushions down for her to lean on. She sat back and he put a glass of water next to her bed.

After hours and hours of waiting Joker was finally having his hand crushed by Harley as she tried to find some sort of energy.
"I can't do it puddin I can't do it." Harley cried. He kissed her forehead and ignored the pain coming from his hand.
"Yes you can baby one more. one more." With that he heard a baby crying. He looked down at the gorgeous girl on the bed. Even though she was still covered in blood she was beautiful. The doctor held the scissors out to The Joker. He took them ten-tentatively and cut her umbilical cord. After that the doctor handed the tiny crying girl to Harley who instantly soothed in her arms.
"She's gorgeous isn't she puddin." A soft smile lay on his face.
"She's perfect. You got any names pumpkin? I did say if it was a girl you could name her." He said kissing Harley's forehead.
"Lucy." She kissed Lucy's forehead then looked up and kissed Joker.
"Can I?" He said holding out his arms. Harley nodded and he took her in his arms. He kissed her softly. He sat on the edge of the bed next to Harley and lay the baby between them. He lay down so his forehead was laying against Harley's and Lucy was between them. He lay his hand over Harley's side and looked into her eyes. It wasn't long before her eyes fluttered shut. He looked down at the sleeping baby between them.

They were woken less then an hour later by the baby crying. Joker sat up and took Lucy in his arms. Harley sat up and instinctively took her from him. She began to feed her still half asleep. Harley yawned and lay back down with Lucy on her chest. Once they were both asleep again he pulled Harley in a little closer.
"I'm going to take care of both of you. Nothing's going to happen while I'm around." He kissed Lucy's forehead.
"As for you. No one is ever going to hurt you. I'm going to protect you with my life."
"Who are you talking to?" Harley asked sleepily. He looked up at her and kissed her softly.
"Don't worry baby. Just go to sleep."

Lucy was almost a year old and had started looking for trouble.
"Lucy no." Harley said soft but firm.
"Lucy put it back. Now." Lucy had found a knife in one of Jokers jacket pockets. Lucy looked at her mum with the same blue eyes and stuck out her bottom lip.
"Don't start crying." Harley said scooping her up.
"I just don't want you getting hurt." Lucy's face flopped into Harley's shoulder as she started to cry. Joker heard her crying and came into the living room. He took the crying child from Harley and looked her in the eye.
"What's wrong poppet?" Lucy put her arms out to the knife that Harley had in her hand.
"No poppet. You can't have the knife. That's daddy's knife." Lucy started crying and screaming. Joker took her to the kitchen and made her up some milk. As soon as she saw him put it in the microwave she calmed down. He tested the temperature on the back of his hand before handing the bottle to Lucy who began drinking straight away. He walked back into the living room and lay Lucy down on the sofa. He sat with her and stroked her until she finished her bottle and fell asleep. Once he was sure she was out he went to find Harley. He went into their bedroom to see Harley just watching a film.
"What's wrong babe?" He could see a sadness in her eyes. She just shrugged not even looking at him.
"Harley? Have I done something?" He said sitting next to her. She put her head in her hands and started to cry. He put his arm around her and pulled her into him.
"You want to tell me what's wrong princess?"
Harley cried into him for a moment more before starting to speak.
"Am I a bad mum?" Joker looked at her confused.
"What's made you think that? You're an amazing mum." Harley shrugged before speaking again.
"She doesn't love me. She won't calm down for me. She cries at me all the time. I'm clearly doing something wrong." He laughed she gave Harley a squeeze.
"Not at all my dear. It's your first child baby. You just need some practice. You'll get there baby." Harley sat up and wiped her tears.
"You're good at it. I mean you're a natural." Jokers smile fell. He didn't respond to Harley he just sat there.
"You ok puddin?" He nodded.
"No you're not what's wrong?" He shook his head.
"You ask too many questions Harley." Harley lay down so her back was facing him. He sighed and his arm slithered around her waist.
"Ask me when I'm drunk." Harley giggled and rolled onto her back looking up at him.
"You're gorgeous." Harley smiled.
"You should see yourself." He leant down and kissed her passionately.
"How long has it been puddin?" He looked at her confused. "Over a year?" He instantly knew what she meant and chuckled.
"About that yeah baby. Why? Do you want something?" Harley nodded and pulled his head down. She hadn't realised how badly she needed him until that kiss. She pulled him so he was lying on top of her. He rolled onto his back and she climbed on top of him removing her top. She unbuttoned his and kissed down his chest. He sat up and took his top off throwing it to the floor. Harley kissed down his stomach and he let out a low growl. Harley unzipped his trousers and pulled them down with his boxers. Suddenly the door flew open and Lucy ran in. Harley jumped off Joker and he pulled his trousers back up and growled at the child as she jumped on the bed.
"Mm" Lucy said. Harley looked at Lucy with excitement in her eyes.
"Mummyy." Harley scooped up Lucy and planted kisses all over her face.
"Did you Hear that! Her first word! She said mummy!" Joker smiled at how happy she was.
"See she does love you baby." Harley smiled and Lucy yawned. Harley took Lucy to her room to finish her nap. Harley lay her in her crib and sat in the chair next to her. Harley closed her eyes for a second.