How batman died. The final chapter

The car ride home was silent. Not a word from him and none from her. When they got home she hurried inside trying to avoid a beating but she knew that wouldn't happen. She ran and hid with the hyenas. She buried her face in buds fur and cried. She had her arm around his neck and Lou had his head resting on her shoulder from behind. Suddenly the door flew open and they both began to growl. They slowly slipped from Harley's grip and stood in front of her. She looked up and saw the caped crusader stood in the doorway.
"It's all over now isn't it. You're going to tell everyone I'm Bruce Wayne. Well it doesn't bother me I'm going to leave Gotham. I just came to say goodbye."
Harley opened her mouth to speak but was interrupted.
"You didn't deserve this Harleen. You are a smart women you shouldn't of thrown your life away. Not for him. You worked so hard to get where you were and now look at you. Crying scared of what he is going to do to you. I'm sorry I ever let this happen to you Harley. I truly am. Goodbye Quinn." Harley jumped up and ran to him hugging him.
"I'm sorry I have caused you so much grief Bruce. You're a good guy. I'm sure I'll see you again soon." She stood on her tip toes and kissed his cheek before leaving the den. She wiped away some more tears and knocked on Jokers office door. She opened the door slowly and stepped inside.
"What do you want?" He barked at her.
She didn't want to but it may be the only way to get out of being hurt.
"It's batman. He is in the hyena den." Jokers eyes shot up from his desk. He got up and went to hurry out.
"Harley baby I love you!" He said kissing her forehead as he hurried out of his office.
She heard a thud and some laughing. She ran in to see joker pinning batman against the wall by his throat.
"Stop!"her hands flew to her mouth as soon as the word escaped her lips. Joker didn't even look at her.
"Shut up!" He said as he punched batman in the face.
"Get out me and your lover boy have some talking to do."
"But." She whimpered.
"No buts Harley out." with that she called the hyenas out and shut the door slowly. She walked into the living room and slumped on the couch. The hyenas weren't allowed on the sofa but she needed the support.

"Right bats this is how this will work. You won't fight and I won't kill you." Joker dropped an already beaten batman to the floor.
"You touched what's mine... you touched the woman I love!" He looked up and wiped the blood off his face.
"You love her?" Batman asked in surprise. Joker kicked him in the face.
"You have a funny way of expressing love." Batman spat as he picked himself off the floor.
"I want you to disappear like you normally do. But this time do me a favour and don't come back." He walked out and went to his office, sat at his desk and poured himself a whiskey.

It wasn't until half an hour later he heard that familiar faint knock on the door.
"Come in baby." Harley opened the door slowly and tentatively.
"Are you still angry at me puddin?" Harley's voice was faint and submissive. Joker looked up at her and smiled before opening his arms.
"Water under the bridge baby. Now come here." Harley was confused at first but didn't want him to change his mind. She squealed and ran and sat on his lap.
"Mind if I have some Mr J?" She said as she picked up his glass.
"Be my guest Harls." He paused and waited for Harley to drink.
"That's enough baby." He said with a laugh as he took it out her hand.
"But puddin I'm thirsty." She whined. He put the drink down on the table and kissed her passionately. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed back. He grabbed her hips before sitting her on the table.
"Now baby listen to me. You're going to do as your told from now on. And I'll try not to kick you out again. Ok?" Harley nodded and went to kiss him again. Joker put his finger to her lips.
"Now Harley I think you've had enough of that. Don't you?" Harley leant back a little and nodded.
"Now baby I have some work to do but." He put his hand on her chin and pulled her closer and kissed her forehead.
"I love you." She smiled.
"I love you to puddin."
"Now go on baby. And while you're gone can you check our rodent has gone." Harley nodded, hopped off his desk and left. She opened the door to see Bud and Lou waiting for her.
She stroked them before heading to the den.
"You gone bats?" She called as she walked into the den. She heard the door close behind her.
"How could you Harley?"she turned to see the bat stood behind her blood on his face.
"Look I'm sorry but he was gonna beat me! What else was I gonna do?" Tears were forming in her eyes.
"Let me leave quietly. You could of even come with me! Started again!" Harley shook her head.
"I couldn't leave Mr J he loves me! I know he does!" With that batman grabbed Harley's hair and smashed her head against the wall and used the rebound to throw her on the floor.
"Is this what you want? To be beaten! Am I making you happy Harleen?" She put her hand on the side of her head. When she pulled it away she saw it covered in blood. She sat on the floor weeping.
"Please stop." She whimpered when the door flew open.
"I thought I told you to disappear!" Batman was thrown against the wall.
Harley got to her feet and ran into Jokers arms. He held her bleeding head.
"It's ok baby. Go in there I won't be a moment." Harley went to leave but turned to batman on the floor.
"Harley go!" She ignored him and walked over to the battered man on the floor.
"You're no hero." Harley said through tears. Batman looked up at her but she kicked him before he had chance to speak.
"Harley!" Joker barked at her. She walked over to him obediently.
"Now Harley go fetch my pistol I'm done playing with the rodent." Harley returned moments later with a pistol in her hand. She opened the door to find batman tied up.
"Change of plan Harls. Let your 'babies' have him." Harley called in the hyenas and went to shut the door.
"Harley please......Harleen." She opened the door again.
"Harleen I know you're still in there. Please." Harley looked as the hyenas started closing in. She stepped in and closed the door. She sat on the floor and the heyas returned to her side.
"Harleen let me go. Like I said I'm leaving." Harley sat there in complete silence. She sat there for ten minutes before standing up and walking over to batman.
"Think of this as a thank you." She said untying him.
"For what?" He said rubbing his wrist.
"Without you I wouldn't of met Mr J." She kissed his cheek before leaving.
"Goodbye Bruce."

A/N sorry this is such a bad chapter I'm still in hospital and I don't feel great so I may come back and edit this. Like I said again if I wasn't in hospital I may be able to make this chapter better.

Sorry.