Jokers birthday

Harley ran downstairs and grabbed the cardboard box from under the stairs and put it on the sofa. It was Jokers birthday and she had to get everything done before he woke up.  Harley went into the kitchen and got Frost.
"You need to blow up the balloons." She said handing him a pack and rushing back to the living room. She started putting up banners and signs.

"Are you done with the balloons?" She called into the kitchen and frost walked through his arms full of balloons. Harley put the balloons up and heard movement upstairs.
"Are you sure about this miss? He hates his birthday." Harley nodded and watched Joker walk down the stairs.
"Happy birthday!" She called as he froze half way down the stairs.
"Harley? What's all this?" She smiled as he walked down the stairs slowly.
"You told me no one ever celebrated your birthday so I thought." She was interrupted but his lips smashing into hers.
"Baby I love you." He said pulling away and wrapping his arms around her. Frost stood behind her in shock.
"I'm going to make you breakfast I'll see you in a minute." She said kissing his cheek and running into the kitchen. As soon as the door closed joker slumped on the sofa and looked at frost.
"As soon as it hits midnight tonight I want this shit taken down. I still feel bad about the other day so I'm letting this slide. Don't mention this to Harley." Frost nodded and left the room.

Joker looked around in disgust before walking into the kitchen. He saw Harley making pancakes and he had to admit they smelled delicious. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her.
"Thank you Baby." He said kissing her cheek before resting his head on her shoulder.
"Baby I have some work I need to do today." Harley shook her head and smiled.
"I've arranged the day and any work you had has been changed to tomorrow." Joker closed his eyes and forced a smile.
"Why thank you baby." He kissed her cheek and sat at the table. Harley reached her arms above her head and yawned. As she did her top moved up and Joker could see a bruise on her ribs. She handed him a plate and sat opposite him.
"How is your side today baby?" Harley shrugged and began to eat slowly. Joker looked at Harley and sighed.
"That's not an answer." She smiled sweetly and swallowed her mouthful of food.
"It's fine. It's a lot better actually, but let's not dwell on it. Today is about you." She said with a smile. Joker stood up and walked out the room. Harley sat there confused. She looked at his plate and most of his food was gone so she didn't worry too much.

Joker froze in the living room, looking at all the balloons and decorations.
"I don't deserve her frost." Frost simply smiled and left the room. Joker sighed and muttered something to himself as he walked into his office.

Harley finished washing up and walked into the living room.
'Whore!' She froze.
'You're fucking stupid!" She tried to ignore the voices and went to go to the office.
'He hates all of this, he doesn't love you!' Harley fell into the wall as the shouting got louder. Then something knew happened. Then she heard jokers voice shouting at her.
'All you do is get in the way!' Harley fell into the wall and sunk into a ball.
'I should of killed you when I had the chance!' Harley covered her face with her hands and sobbed.
'You're fucking pathetic harl!" Harley tried to remember it wasn't him, it was only her head.
'Do you love me?' She heard joker ask and she nodded her head quickly.
'Well that makes this a little bit one sided doesn't it, because I will never love you!" Harley was crying so hard she couldn't walk, she couldn't talk and she couldn't breathe.
She felt a gentle hand on her knee but when she opened her eyes she couldn't see because of the tears. She tried to make out who it was. She could see black hair and that was all. Suddenly someone pushed him out the way and pulled her into them. She looked up to his green hair. Harley clung to his top and sobbed.
'You know this is an act right Harley? He doesn't really love you.' Harley was crying so hard she was coughing. She was coughing and crying so much and she felt a burning in her throat. Before she could move she felt herself throw up. She wasn't sure if it was on anyone or just the floor.
'He's gonna be mad. You've done it now.' One last voice laughed at her before they all went quiet and Harley was left in silence again.
"Harley baby can you hear me?" Joker said softly. All Harley could do was nod.
"I'm sorry. I'll clean it up." She sobbed into his chest. Joker just shook his head and held her.
"Someone else will do it. I'm taking you to bed." Harley wanted to argue that it was his birthday and she was fine, but she was too tired. She just nodded weakly and felt him scoop her up. It was only then she looked down and realised she had been sick on herself and on him.
"I'm so sorry Mr J." She said trying not to cry again.
"Baby I'm going to run you a bath ok. You have nothing to be sorry for." Harley nodded and he lay her on the bed.

"Do you love me?" She asked as he went to walk away.
"Of course I do Harley. Don't be silly." He kissed her forehead softly before removing his shirt and running Harley's bath.
Harley stared at the wall the whole time Joker wasn't with her. She was scared they would come back.
"Harley." She ignored it. She was scared if she looked up he wouldn't be there.
"Baby your bath is run." Harley rolled over to see him perched behind her. She went to stand up but he scooped her up before she had the chance. Joker carried Harley into the bathroom and she saw candles surrounding the room.
Joker closed the toilet and sat her on it. Harley couldn't believe how gentle he was being. He took of her clothes and lay her in the bath. Joker knelt down next to the bath and ran a sponge over Harley gently. The warm water ran down her back calming her down.
Joker also lay her down and washed her hair. He lifted her out the bath, wrapped her in a towel, put her dressing gown on and carried her back to bed.
"I'm a lot better now. Today was supposed to be about you." Joker shrugged and kissed her cheek.
"I never liked my birthday anyway." He said kissing her softly. Joker stood up and got her some pyjamas. She got changed and he cuddled up next to her.
"Not go to sleep ok." Harley nodded still exhausted. It only took her a few moments before she drifted off to sleep.

A/N I'm thinking about maybe doing a part two to this comment what you think...