High school part 2 memory jog

A/N this part contains sensitive material. I thought I would warn you. There is talk about rape in this part. It's kind of difficult for me to write having experience with it but it is something that happens so please don't hate me for this.

Harley's heels clicked against the path as she walked through town. She was on her phone not watching where she was going when she heard a laugh echoing through the streets. She looked up to see a green blur run past her. She felt a horrible sense of deja vu. She ignored it and looked back down to her phone. She was on her way to start her job at arkham. She had been working there for months now but still hadn't had chance to work with the joker as he hadn't be caught. Her dream was to figure out what was going on in his head.

She walked up to the doors of the asylum and sighed in as usual. She picked up her schedule for the day and saw one new patient.
The joker.  Harley beamed down at the paper. She didn't know why the name joker always made her smile. He was her first appointment and it was a psychiatric evaluation. She put her hair in a bun and walked into the meeting room. She saw joker in a straight jacked and chained to a chair.
"Hello I'm."
"Harley. I know." She froze and looked at him. She thought he looked familiar but he was always on the news and posters so it was no surprise.
"How do you know my name?" Harley asked in confusion.
"Don't you remember me sweet. That hurts." Harley sat down confused.
"I don't know what you mean." He looked at her and sat forward a devilish smile on his lips.
"Don't you remember Lauren?" Harley froze confused.
"She bullied me for years until she got murdered. Are you going somewhere with this?" He just stared at her smile on his lips.

Suddenly everything came rushing back. The maths class, Lauren, the library everything.
"It's you. I thought I would never see you again!" Harley's mood instantly perked up.
"I spent years forcing myself to forget you. Forgetting everything." He leant back in his chair and looked her up and down.
"You're hotter then I remember doll." She smiled and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear.
"You should take a look at yourself." He suddenly slipped out of his straight jacket and stretched his arms.
"What are you doing? They'll see you on the camera." Harley said hinting at the camera in the top right of the room. Joker walked over to it jumped, grabbed it and pulled it off the wall.
"What camera?" He said sarcastically. Harley giggled just like she was in school again.
"Well baby our lives turned out very differently. Are you still talking to lover boy?" Harley shook her head.
"Not since... no." Joker was intrigued. He sat on the table in front of Harley.
"Come on doll you can tell me. Not since when?" Harley sighed and looked away.
"Not since he got drunk and nearly raped me." Joker felt his blood boil.
"He did what?!" Harley tried to hold back the tears.
"I was in the last year of high school and he was in college."

Harley walked up to the door and rung the bell. Dick opened the door already drunk.
"Commme innnn." He said his words slurred. Harley laughed at him and walked in handing him the bottle of vodka she managed to get.
"How much have you had to drink dick?" He shrugged.
"Not a lot." Harley looked at all the empty bottles of different drinks on the table.
"Looks like it." Dick handed Harley a drink and put on some music.

Later that night they were sat on the sofa when dick kissed Harley. She pushed him away instantly.
"Dick no. You're my best friend I don't see you like that." He shrugged and tried to kiss her again. She stood up and went to leave.
"Harley." He stood up and she turned around.
"Go to bed you're way too drunk." He pushed her into the wall aggressively.
"What are you doing?" He ignored her and started kissing her neck. Tears started rolling down her cheeks.
"Stop it!" She tried to push him away but she wasn't strong enough.
"Please." She said weakly as he started grabbing at her top.

"Did he get to?" Joker asked angry and concerned. Harley was in tears in front of him.
"Harley!" He barked. She shook her head.
"His house mate came in." Joker got off the table and pulled Harley into a hug. She stood up and buried her face in his neck.
"No ones going to hurt you again ok harls. I'm here now." Harley nodded and cried into him.
"I've missed you so much J. Or is it Mr J now?" He smiled and kissed her forehead.
"It's anything you want it to be sweet." They stood there enjoy each other's embrace.
"Dr Quinzel? Is everything ok in there?" Harley pulled away from him and he got back into his straight jacket and sat across from her.
"I'm fine. Everything's fine." They were silent for a moment.
"Well your times up anyway." Harley scribbled down some notes that were the same as his last visit. She stood up and smiled at him before leaving. Harley basically ran to her office. She shut the door behind her and the biggest smile appeared on her face. It finally all made sense.

She looked through his file trying to gather every piece of information she could get. So when it came around to their next meeting she was prepared.

She walked into the meeting room with the file in her hand.
"Hey pumpkin. I see they haven't fixed the camera." Harley ignored him and sat down. She opened his file and shoved it towards him.
"Why have you killed all these people J?Why? You were such a good person. Is it my fault? Is Lauren what started all this?" Harley began to panic but Joker just sat there and laughed.
"Baby you need to have a laugh. Otherwise we won't work." Harley didn't know what to do killing was wrong, but her first love was asking her to be with him. Her only love.
"I need you're help harls." She didn't say a word she just looked at him.
"I need your security card to escape. And I need you to come with me." Harley looked at the file on the table.
"I need some time to think. Please." Harley said looking up at him.
"You have two days. That's when we next meet. I'll see you then." Harley stood up to leave.
"Don't choose poorly my dear. I really like you." Harley nodded and left.

Harley sat in her office reading his file over and over trying to see if she could live like this.
It was at the door of the meeting room Harley made her final decision. She decided she couldn't go. She couldn't kill people for fun. She opened the door and saw Joker sat there and he smiled up at her.
"So baby what did you choose?" Harley looked down thinking about how to word it.
"Come on baby I'm waiting." Harley looked up and looked him in the eye.
"I'm... I'm.... I'm coming with you." Jokers face lit up.
"Harley baby!" Joker beamed and opened his arms. Without thinking she ran into a hug. She was meant to say no. Why didn't she say no? There was something about him she had never truly let go of.

She heard a bang and the door flew open a gun was pointed at her. Joker flicked two fingers towards the ground and the gun was put down. He grabbed Harley's hand and ran down the corridor. They turned a corner and she stopped.
"I don't know if I could kill someone." Harley hung her head. He took her hands in his and stepped closer to her.
"Baby.. why don't you try the next person who walks round the corner?" He said as he pulled a knife out his pocket. Harley looked at the knife then up at him but didn't answer.
"Baby. If you want to be with me you need to do this." Harley took the knife from him gingerly. As she looked up a woman with long black hair walked round the corner.
Everything when in slow motion.
Harley closed her eyes, took a deep breath and ran at her. Harley looked down and plunged the knife into her stomach.
"Harleen..." the women said weekly. Harley looked up and locked eyes with her. She pulled the knife out and dropped it before stumbling back. She fell into Jokers arms and began to cry. Everything started going full speed again.
"Baby?" Harley ignored him and looked at the women who was on the floor clenching her stomach.
"Harley who was that?" Harley looked back up at him tears flowing down her cheeks.
"My roommate... and my best friend. She just got a cleaning job here and now." He scooped Harley up as guards ran to the women laying on the floor. He turned and ran the other direction trying to find a way out.

To be continued