Love is pain part one

Harley sat down on the doc and dangled her feet so they nearly touched the water. She tried to hold back the tears but it was impossible, one by one they began to fall. She leant out and stared at her reflection in the water. She felt herself get so angry. She swung her leg back and kicked the water causing it to ripple disfiguring her. She pulled her knees to her chest and began to sob. She took off her hat and threw it on the wood next to her.
"Harley?" She heard his voice say. It sounded soft and gentle, yet so stern at the same time.
"Sorry puddin." She said grabbing her hat and getting up. She put one arm around her own waist and the other hung by her side hat in hand. She looked at the ground too scared to look up at him.
"Baby. Come here." He opened his arms. She looked up tentatively before walking into his hug.
"Now do you want to tell me what's wrong princess?" Harley froze for a minute. He never called her princess. She pulled away from the hug.
"What's wrong harls?" He asked and she shook her head.
"Are you feeling ok Mr J?" He smiled and stepped towards her again.
"Why wouldn't I be pumpkin?" His eyes grew dark and his smile evil.
"Mr J. What's going on?" He started walking towards her slowly. She moved back and felt her heel fall over the end of the dock.
"Puddin what's going on?" Harley was shaking and trying not to cry again.
"You've got in the way for the last time my dear. I'm going to make sure you can't ruin another plan ever again." With that he pulled a knife out his pocket and pointed it to Harley.
"Now come on baby end this with a hug?" He opened his arm but placed the knife right where her stomach would be if she hugged him.
"Come on harls. For old times sake." She shook her head.
He suddenly burst out laughing and threw the knife in the water.
"Now that was funny." Harley huffed and stormed past him. He ran after her still laughing.
"Come on baby that was funny." She stopped and turned to face him.
"I thought you were gonna try and kill me. Again!" With that she opened the car door and got in. His smile dropped and he got in the car himself.
"It was only a joke baby. You need to calm down." Harley slumped back in her chair trying not to get angry with him. He couldn't help but smile as he knew what this meant. Harley's 'I'm sorry for getting mad at you' sex, but it didn't happen.
Once they got home Harley got out the car and stormed inside. She grabbed some popcorn and watched a film on the sofa. Joker looked at her confused. By now she would normally be all over him and dragging him upstairs to their bedroom, or depending on how sorry she was the sofa she was sat on alone. He walked over and sat next to her.
"Baby aren't you sorry for being mad?" He asked trying to pull her into him.
"Don't you want to make it up to me?" She ignored him and just pushed him off. He let out a low growl and walked off into the kitchen.
'Maybe she just needed more time to calm down.' He thought to himself as he sat at the kitchen table. After about then minutes Harley walked in. He didn't even look up at her.
He smiled as he felt her harms slither around his neck.
"You finally come to say sorry?" He said pulling her onto his lap. She smiled and kissed him passionately.
"No I just came to do this." She kissed him again and while kissing him straddled him. She began to thrust slightly as they kissed knowing it would drive him crazy. She then pulled away and smiled.
"I'll be in the living room if you need me." She kissed his cheek and got off heading back to her film. He sat at the table determined not to give in.
"You ok boss?" Jonny said walking in. Joker just nodded and grabbed himself a glass of whiskey. He closed his eyes but they flew open again. They flew open as soon as he saw Harley. He looked up and saw her stood in the doorway. She had unzipped her costume down to her stomach. Joker took a deep breath in and looked her up and down. He then looked over at frost who was also fixated by Harley. He flew at him and wrapped his hand around his throat.
"What are you looking at?" He growled through gritted teeth.
"Puddin he just smiled at me. He was only looking at me for a second." Harley had now zipped up her costume.
"You were the one staring at me Mr J, and if I'm being honest I have no idea why," with this he threw frost from his grip.
"Because you were stood there with your fucking costume open that's why!" Harley looked at him confused.
"No I didn't. You must of been seeing things." She said with a smirk.
"Do you want to come watch the film with me?" She asked while getting herself a drink. He nodded and waited for her on the sofa. She came in and cuddled into him.
"You still angry at me?" He asked kissing her forehead.
"No I'm sorry for getting angry though." He smirked again.
"How are you planning on making it up to me?" She kissed him passionately.
"Well you tried to kill me so you should make it up to me." He took his arm from around her.
"I wasn't actually going to!" Harley rolled her eyes and stood up. He grabbed her arm and pulled her to face him.
"What if I had gone in for that hug.? What if I had launched myself into the knife what would you have done then? I know you would of watched me bleed out and not think about it twice!" He froze for a minute then Harley noticed his eyes go black.
"Puddin. I'm sorry." She said trembling. He stood up and seemed to tower over her. She backed up into a wall.
"Mr J I'm." He slammed his fist into the wall next to her face causing her flinch. She took in a deep breath and tried to stay calm.
"Look I can make it up to you if you want. We can upstairs right now if you want. I'm so sorry." His breathing was heaving and he took her chin in his hand.
"Remember I love you Harley." Before she could react his knee pounded her stomach causing her to groan and double over in pain. As she did his fist met her jaw with such force she heard a crack. Blood started pouring from her mouth. She wiped the blood and stood up straight. Over the years she learned the more she showed pain the more he beat her.
"I can take it." She said looking him dead in the eye. An evil smile creeped onto his face. He pushed her into the wall by her throat. He had his arm across her throat. She was trying to pull it off her. She was gasping for air and he just smiled at her.
"Something wrong my dear?" She couldn't speak. He began to laugh.
"Harley you are fun?" He said plunging his lips into hers. He kept putting more and more pressure on her throat. She couldn't take it anymore. Blackness started creeping into the corners of her vision. Her lungs were burning. He could hear her fighting for air. Suddenly she lifted her knee and hit him in the crotch with such force he stumbled backwards. He groaned in pain and looked at her.
"You have no idea what a mistake you just made." She ignored what he said and flew at him pinning him to the floor.
"I'm not taking it anymore. You were going to kill me!" The adrenaline pumped through her veins and she took full advantage of it. He threw her off and pulled himself off the floor.
"I wasn't going to. I am now." He said grabbing  a vase that was next to him. Harley prepared herself for the fight.
"Try me." She dared him. He ran at her but she flipped out the way.
"You've got to catch me first." She challenged him. He felt rage pulse through him as he threw it at Harley. She caught it and smiled at him.
"You can do better than that can't you?" She smirked.
"When I get my hands on you." He threatened but She just laughed at him.
"You gonna kill me Mr J?" She walked over to him and wrapped are arms around his neck. He was stunned with confusion. She kissed him passionately. He kissed her back putting his hands around her waist and pulling her close.

To be continued...