Chapter 2

Rachel's POV

I let out a sigh, exhausted from carrying the heavy box full of rice cakes my dad wanted me to sell. Honestly, where did he get rice cakes shaped of lightsticks and why did he even want to make some extra money? I let it slip off my mind though. Now I have better things to worry about, like where on Earth am I going to sell this rice cakes.

I looked around and saw a food vendor nearby the concert entrance. I grinned, thinking it would be the perfect place to sell these rice cakes. Taking a deep breath, I lifted the box once again and went to the vendor. I placed my box on the ground and smiled at him.

"Hi. What do you want to buy?" he asked nicely.

"Well actually..." I twirl my black locks with my index finger.

"I was actually trying to sell these rice cakes over here," I gestured to the box beside me.

"And I thought this would be a great place to sell. So I was wondering if you could ever be so kind and let me sell here as well?" I smiled sweetly.

The vendor looked at me thoughtfully. Tilting his head as he examined my rice cakes and shrugged.

"Oh what the heck. Knock yourself out kid," he finally agreed.

I thanked him and quickly displayed my rice cakes for people to buy. I never actually thought this thing was going to be a bestseller. Within 20 minutes, all I had left was just 10 left. Even my friend the vendor was surprised. I proudly took a picture of the almost empty box and texted my dad.

He's going to be so proud!

And just then, something sped in front of us. Dust was everywhere until I was coughing hard and had to fan my face. I saw something shone between the dust, and my eyes widen when the dust finally cleared, having a perfect view of it.

In front of me was an amethyst coloured high tech motorbike that I have been longing for all this time. It was beautiful and I practically drool at it. It was all shiny and had all these touch screens on the control panel. It even had a matching helmet for me. The vendor was impressed too and actually whistled at the sight of it, like any other guy.

And out of the blue, we heard a robotic voice talking.

"Master Rachel Watson, your father has sent me to be your personal transport from now on. My name is Karen. It is nice to meet you."

As that 'thing' spoke, I saw on one of the screens had moving waves on it. Probably the sound waves emitted from my new bike. I finally snapped out of my daze when a sweet girl came over to buy one of the last remaining light stick rice cakes. Apparently she forgot her real light stick and thought of buying a new one.

"This is rice cake, you know?" I told her.

She was surprised but bought it anyway. She said it would be a wonderful light stick and she can even eat it if she got hungry. I just smiled, not that I cared much anyway.

~~~~~~~~~

Danielle's POV

Tiffany had borrowed her dad's luxury limo just to go to the concert. This is seriously all too much. Couldn't we just ride in one of her cars? I just sighed, thinking it wouldn't be best to get myself in a stupid argument with my friends. We were here to have fun anyway.

We arrived and made our way to the entrance. That is when I finally realized I had left my light stick. I groaned, cursing myself at my stupidity. Scanning the whole area, I was relieved to see a girl selling light sticks. I quickly made my way there to buy one.

"One light stick please," I handed my money.

"This is rice cake, you know?" that statement completely caught me off guard.

These are supposed to be rice cakes? They literally look like real light sticks to me. I shrugged since it would be no harm to actually buy one.

"I'll take one anyway. It'll be wonderful to have a light stick I can actually eat if I got hungry," I grinned as I handed her the money.

"Don't you think you're selling these at a cheap price? It won't give you much profit." I asked, seeing that these only costs $2.

"I don't really care. My father only said to sell all of these to get that," she pointed at a cool looking motorbike behind.

I was awestruck. That motorbike was really something with all the high tech looking stuffs. The girl in front of me seems rather bored. I smiled and took a bite from my rice cake. My cheeks were tinted with a dust of light pink as the wonderful taste entered my mouth.

"This is really good. What's your secret recipe?" I was really curious.

"It's love!" she smiled and made a love sign with her hand, crossing her thumb and index finger.

I actually laughed and extended my hand towards her, gesturing her to shake.

"My name's Danielle."

"Rachel."

"Nice to meet you"

"Don't you think you should be going? The concert's starting soon."

I almost forgot! I quickly turned to finally go find my friends when I realized something. I faced Rachel again, making eye contact. Due to the distant I had put between us, I yelled.

"Aren't you coming?"

"Didn't came here for the concert!" she replied.

I nodded and quickly ran to meet up with my friends. Hopefully I can meet Rachel again after the concert.