Chapter 4

Rachel's POV

I slammed the front door closed, taking in deep breaths as Danielle and V looked at me weird. I should probably have explained to them as to why I sped off like that. I was still catching my breath, effect from the adrenaline, when Danielle suddenly shouted.

"WHY ON EARTH DID YOU DO THAT?!?" she was practically screaming at my face.

I flinched. My ears really couldn't take loud sounds like that.

"I'm sorry, but do you really think having V with us would look good to the police when all of the BTS members are missing?" I tried explaining as calmly as I could

Danielle and V exchanged looked, taking in my logical explanation. They both nodded in agreement. Since I didn't actually want my dad to see me bring home a guy, I took them both to the attic.

I was thinking of how I was going to tell my dad about all of these. I sighed, finally admitting defeat. Maybe I should just mess with my own business and leave them alone?

I turned around to face both Danielle and V, but to my horror, they were nowhere in sight. I started panicking and saw the door open. I ran downstairs, hoping I could actually catch up with them.

The sounds of an engine starting stopped my movements.

Please, they can't be doing what I'm thinking.

I started sprinting to the front lawn, but sadly all I saw was clouds of dust. There were tyre tracks where my motorbike was supposed to be.

I dropped to my knees. Now I really don't know how to tell dad.

I shouldn't have trusted strangers THAT easily.

I may have learnt my lesson, but that was all too late. Danielle ran away with V on my new motorbike. Tears fell down my cheeks, cursing myself at my stupidity.

This is why I never attempted to make friends. They'll always stab you from behind.

Danielle's POV

I stared at Rachel as she paced through her room, cold sweat trickling down my skin. This somehow scares me, and I don't really know why. I glanced at V, who was currently looking through his phone.

She brought us to the attic. Could she actually be up to no good.

I leaned closer to V. He noticed me and looked at me in the eye. I put my hand to my mouth, shielding from Rachel's view. Mouthing to him, 'You think we can trust her?' while my eyes averted to Rachel.

V looked at me, blank until he nodded. Pointing to the door, we sneaked our way out and downstairs. Seems like we're going away the same way we came here. On her motorbike.

We both hopped on, me in front since V said he never rode one. Honestly I never had too. I took a deep breath before reaching for the handles. Starting the engine, the screens light up and a hologram appeared.

"Master Ra...." My eyes widen. That thing just spoke! The motorbike can actually speak!

"Seems to me you're not Master Rachel. I'm sorry, but I would not be taking orders from anyone other than my master," That thing said and the hologram, apparently it looked like a 15-year-old, had her arms crossed.

"You got the wrong idea. Rachel's a friend of mine and she let me borrowed her bike," I managed without stuttering, which was in fact a miracle.

"Then, I guess that's fine. Your destination miss?" the hologram shrugged.

I smiled and quickly said my home address. The hologram, who introduced itself as Karen, guided the motorbike for us. I should ask mother for this. This motorbike is totally awesome!

Karen parked the motorbike in the garage. V and I quickly ran inside, hopping we wouldn't have to meet my mother and faced interrogations. Guess luck was just not on our side. When we opened the door, my mother's face was the first thing we saw.

My mother quickly pulled me in a bone crushing hug, which was unusual for her. I looked up to see her face. Her nose were red and even through her closed eyelids, I saw the tears threatening to fall.

"Danielle, where were you? We were worried sick after we heard the news," my mother took hold of my shoulders and looked at me.

"I was at a friend's house. She saved me." I'm not completely lying. And besides, mentioning any of my friends' name wouldn't do any good since my mother thought it was unnecessary to remember their names.

She completely bought it and then her eyes shifted to behind me. I almost forgot about V. Lifting her chin towards V, she asked me who he was. I scratched the back of my neck. I was about to open my mouth when V suddenly spoke.

"I'm Danielle's friend. We met at the concert," V gave her a charming smile.

I looked over to my mother, and she had this look of approval on her face. I guess now she thinks V is one of my so-called boyfriend from the smile on her face.

We were dismissed and we ran straight to my room. V sat on my bed, admiring the BTS posters I had on the walls. Now he has a smug smile on his face, a victory smile. I blushed seeing that he now knows I'm a huge fan.

I shook my head, and tried thinking of a plan.

Call my friends and hand over V

Or

Try save the others?

My hands shook as I held my phone. They were my friends. And what could I possibly do to save the others? Call the police and get my friends in jail?

I sighed hard. I knew this was wrong, but betraying my friends felt worst.

My phone was slowly connecting to Lilian's phone. After the second ring, she picked up. I was relieved. Her voice was shaky though, probably thinking why I was calling.

"Oh... Umm... Hey Danielle. How are you?"

"I have V. We could meet up and be together again." I actually smiled.

Glancing at V, I saw him fast asleep on my bed.

Good.

"You're... You're not mad?" she sounded petrified.

"A little, but you're all my friends," I heard them squealing in the background.

"Great! I'll send you the address and we'll hang out."

I hang up.

This is wrong.

I shouldn't do this.

V actually trusted me!

I gripped my phone harder as I looked at the peaceful person sleeping on my bed. V was really cute.

No, I promised myself. It will always be my friends first. Not until I get married.

My lips trembled as my vision soon blurred.

"I'm sorry V," I whispered more to myself.