Chapter 15

Rachel POV

He had that squeaky voice when he sings, just like the guy we were searching for. However, I doubt it was actually the guy we were looking for, since we all just got out onto the streets. Krista was ahead of me, with Levi right behind her. She was looking around at a crowd, who were currently busy watching a street performance.

Krista stood on her tiptoes and stretched her neck, trying to get a better view of the performance. Her back was facing towards me, so I really couldn't really see her facial expressions. But my question was answered when she turn around with wide eyes. Her mouth moved, forming words which I managed to make out.

Jhope. Jhope was performing.

Well, this is something I didn't expect. Running towards the crowd, I tried finding an opening but resolved on getting on all fours. Crawling to the front, while ignoring the curses muttered by people I knocked over, I managed to squeeze between the crowd. without getting harm. I saw a pair of sneakers in front of me, and quickly stood up while dusting my clothes.

When I raised my head, I instantly made eye contact with the guy in front of me, and everything went quiet. The music stopped and the crowd just watched us in silence. Raising his eyebrow at me, he looked at me with curiosity, probably because I was willing to crawl just to see him. I gave him a small smile.

"You haven't seen the best of me yet," he winked at me and stood in the middle of the crowd. He flicked his fingers and a beat dropped. He started break dancing, emitting a certain aura and honestly it scared me. My eyes roamed everywhere; the crowd, the speakers, the store at the opposite of the road, everywhere but him.

The music stopped and when I looked at the dancer, he was smirking.

"I guess you can't dance," he fired at me, "then let's have a rap battle." His gang threw a microphone at him, which he caught gracefully and handed to me. Carefully, I took the microphone from him with shaking hands. My eyes were glued on it.

How could I possibly do this?

I looked at Krista and Levi, hoping they could give me any word of advice. Sadly, they both stared at me like I was some sort of alien. Looking around, I noticed the crowd grew bigger. I guess people were interested and amused with what I was getting myself into. Well, I definitely wasn't. Turning back to Jhope, I let out a small sigh.

"I'm not gonna do it," I extended the microphone to him. He arrogantly cocked his head and smirked at me. I wasn't used to letting people have their way but since I had zero knowledge on rapping, I didn't want to look like a complete idiot in front of everyone.

"How about a bet? I win, you'll buy me ramen. If u win..., which you probably won't anyway," the crowd laughed at his comeback. I could feel my face getting warmer from all the unwanted attention I was gaining. Fumbling through my pocket, I grabbed my phone and quickly opened Youtube to search for a simple rap I could use.

Then my phone vibrated, signalling a message just came in. It was Krista. She sent me a thumbnail and I quickly opened it. I let out a sigh of relief when I saw what it was. Scanning through the words quickly, I felt a smile on my face and I silently thanked Krista.

"Give me a beat," I ordered the crew. And now, for the big surprise.

(This is a rap in GO AWAY  Japanese ver by CL)
You textin' me, you testin' me
All in my face a pest to me!
You show me love, you promised me, I held you up, you're last to me!
I waited for the love that had to come but never came my way
As well I had to deal with all your fake shit! You never change
Ain't needed any love, boy, you never earned my trust
All you do is act a fool you ain't shit without your crew
It's Playboy you gotta go! Pack your shit! It's adiós!
I never wanna see your busted ass around here! No more!

An ovation of claps and whistles filled my ears. Pleased with myself, I smiled at the guy in front of me. He was scanning my face and huffed.

"Not bad, but you rap worse than me," The crowd cheered as a familiar rhythm blasted on the speaker. He took the mic from me, " DJ, put it back on,"

J HOPE I start with my name, well-oiled
stopping the same old repetitive routine, set my worth alight
gather round, I'll show you the very same, my knife cuts
cut out the rotten things, it'll all fall like dandruff
if the swooping pigeons all scatter, you won't catch any
I do it coolly, come down amidst ostentation, be the bodhisattva through my talents

He started rapping, and I instantly recognized the verse, seeing that I was an ARMY myself. A song he produced himself and I couldn't believe he's using it against me. I couldn't help but smile, hearing him rap up front like this. The other fans would kill to be me right now. 

close your mouth and listen while I do this VERSE

the atmosphere of this FLOW is LIKE a salute
(WOAH) salute (WOAH) salute (WOAH)

everybody enjoy it while I do this VERSE

this place's atmosphere is LIKE the tropics
(HOT) tropics (HOT) tropics (HOT)

When he finished, I couldn't wipe the stupid smile of my face. It was really great being able to witness him rapping live like this, but I never expected him to use that rap for this though.

"That was cool and all, but you're not going to do cypher next? Pt.3 or pt.4?" I taunted him. I was smirking at his reaction. His brows were furrowed and he was kinda pouting at me. Scanning my face carefully, he let out a sigh.

"You know BTS?"he asked tiredly.

"Yeah," I smiled." And I know you promised your fans a hixtape."

He cursed under his breath and scratched the back of his neck. The crowd was slowly diffusing out as the sun began to sink. His head was hung low, probably thinking of something to reply. Surprisingly, when he lifted his head, he was smirking, "So you're an ARMY?"

The smile on my face instantly disappeared when I heard that. I licked my lips as I thought of an answer. Could revealing myself as an ARMY bring any harm to our mission? I really couldn't take the risk.

"Why would you think that? An army wouldn't go against you though," I let out a nervous laugh. That answer didn't sound convincing at all, hell even I wasn't convinced.

"Nice point. And since you did the rapping, you have to clean up," he smirked and threw the mic to me. I fumbled with the wire, making sure a mic drop didn't happen. (see what I did there guys?)

Annoyed with his attitude, I decided to annoy him back. "Ya know, the crowd back there wasn't cheering for you. They were cheering for the way you rap," I slightly laughed at this.

"I don't care," he smirked at me. I swear I wanted to punch him so badly. "I only need you to understand it." My jaws dropped at what he said. I saw his eyes lit up with amusement at this. "You used CL sunbaenim's rap. It's cute how you thought you could get away with that," he laughed.

I looked away and crossed my arm over my chest. I would have punched him by now, but the hearty laugh he had was making it hard. That, and I didn't want to hurt a member of the boy band I love so much.

"Since you lost, how about treating to dinner me at a 5 star restaurant. I heard the cuisine here is delicious," he gave me a toothy grin.

I rolled my eyes at him, but couldn't help smiling back. I guess he really wanted to eat that, and who could resist that aegyo of his. Then again, I had an important mission to fulfill. I looked at him again, debating in my head.

Should I?

~

Hey guys.

What chu think about it? Sorry for the slow updates.

Dont forget to vote and comment.

Love u guys 💕