Chapter 13

Danielle stood in front of the familiar mansion, taking a deep breath before she gathered her courage to press the doorbell. Instantly she was connected to the intercom outside and a small camera popped out, scanning both the two figures.

"Oh my god! Dani, our sweet little Dani! You finally came!" Catherine sounded beyond happy.

The big golden gates opened, granting her and Jin access to the mansion. Grunting softly, she dragged the supposedly fainted Jin on her shoulders and made her way to the front door where she was greeted by her friend. Catherine, who just noticed the condition Jin was in, quickly helped Danielle to support him.

They both carried Jin inside the mansion, setting him down on a sofa. Catherine excused herself to go get some refreshments while Danielle sat beside Jin and placed his head on her lap. Looking around, Danielle's hand slowly snaked towards her jacket's pocket, opening it slighting and letting out the spider. Once the spider crawled out of sight, she let out a sigh of relief.

A familiar deep laugh caught her attention, making her turned to the source. She bit her lips slowly, to keep her mouth shut as she saw the scene in front of her. Catherine had the tray of drinks in her hands, but she was being hugged by the one and only V. The peaceful silence I had was now replaced with their laughter as they made their way towards us. However, it seemed like they both forgot about the two guests they had in the mansion, until Danielle cleared her throat.

Catherine immediately flushed red and set the tray onto the coffee table. V stood beside her, with a huge grin on his face. Danielle didn't dare look at them, fearing the tears pooling in her eyes would fall.

"V, I forgot to mention we had visitors. This is my friend, Danielle. You can call her Dani. Dani, this is my boyfriend," Catherine did the introduction while looking dreamily at V.

Dani bit the inside of her cheeks and blinked her tears away. Slowly, she lifted her face away while plastering a smile of her face. Taking the outstretched hand in front of her, she shook hands with V, quickly taking back her hand after a few seconds. She rubbed her hand; the one that touched V's and lowered her head again. Catherine must have sensed her feeling uncomfortable.

"Are you okay, Dani?" Catherine looked at Danielle with pure concern. It wanted to make Danielle puke. If she hadn't known better, she would have fallen for her friend's professional acting. Sadly, there was nothing she could do but to act like her heart wasn't aching.

Faking another smile, she answered her friend. "Nah, I'm okay. I'm just happy to see V," she glanced at him.

Catherine moved closer to Danielle, her mouth inches away from Danielle's ear. "Do you not trust me on keeping him safe, little Dani? You know how much I love him," Catherine purred. She then went back to being beside V, hugging his arm and looking at Danielle sweetly.

Danielle gritted her teeth, fighting the urge to punch Catherine at that moment. There was no way Catherine genuinely loves V for who he is. They were only using the BTS members for their own need. Danielle glared at Catherine, her words repeating in her head.

Not as much as I want to get him away from you

She looked around the room, trying to devise an escape route, until her eyes met V's. His eyes were no longer soft and warm like they used to be. They were a hard grey now, and it felt really cold. It was no doubt their doing. Danielle studied his face closer, but the evil smirk on his face just made her blood boil. This was definitely not the V she knew. The one she knew was already gone, taken by her friends, unless she saved him from those monsters.

Unconsciously, Danielle stroked Jin's hair softly, as she watched the two 'love birds' like a hawk. They were teasing each other, acting like she wasn't there at all. Danielle was close to really punching her friend, but thankfully she went upstairs with v fololowing her.