Chapter 8

Rachel's POV

"I can't possibly do it! This is impossible, insane! Why did we ever came up with this stupid idea! I will never survive," I groaned.

Danielle, or Dani just game me a pat on the shoulder and a reassuring smile. Even Krista attempted to encourage me. Levi just nodded his head and nudged at the door.

"You can do it. Just like we practiced, Rach," Krista said.

"Just like we practiced," I whispered to myself.

I curled my hand into a fist, reluctantly raising it up. Taking a deep breath, I slowly started knocking on the fancy looking door in front of me. I stared at the name written on the door in gold bold letters. It sent shivers down my spine, just looking at the name.

MANAGER

We waited a while after I knocked and heard rustling in the office in front of us. The doorknob turned, revealing the man of the hour. The BTS' manager, known as Bang pdnim. Me and the gang all gave him our best smiles, well except for Levi of course. He stayed with a stoic face but gave a small bow to him, as his greeting.

"Ah! You must be Rachel. Please, do come in," he told us in Korean.

"Thank you!" I thanked him, also in Korean of course.

I gave a sigh of relief, and so did the others. We didn't exactly have enough time to learn Korean for this trip, or even the basic greetings. I was glad dad had some useful inventions for us to borrow, some I didn't thought of creating. And thanks to him, we have this cool Language Descrambler Wristwatch. It destroys language barriers between us and people around us, allowing a smooth conversation between us even though we don't speak or understand their language.

"Ne, annyeonghaseyo Pdnim. I am assigned to-" I was cut off when Krista suddenly screamed and jumped like a little kid.

"Omigosh! So many BTS posters!" Krista kept fangirling. I thought the girl wasn't a fan of BTS, because she acted like she couldn't care less when BTS disappeared. Guess I was wrong.

I, myself was trying really hard not to let my internal fangirl out. I was fighting the urge to scream just like Krista when I saw all these BTS posters on the wall. Sneaking a glance to Dani, I saw she was also trying hard not to fangirl too much and just stick to smiling at Pdnim.

We all sat down in front of him. Krista took out all the papers I had prepared for our meeting. I cleared my throat, and started off with introducing ourselves before starting our agenda.

"So, basically we're here to help solve this shiz," I beamed confidently. I probably shouldn't say that, seeing that we're not the only guests here.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, but we're talking about my family over here and I can guarantee you that nothing about them is shiz." The chair beside me was pulled behind and another person sat down, joining us with our meeting.

I was about to open my mouth for a smart remark, but was soon lost for words when I saw who it was. My heart hammered in my chest; I swear it could break my ribcage. Beside me, sat the leJINdary bae of mine, Kim SeokJin. I took a sharp intake of air and tried talking like a civilized person.

"Well... I didn't really...What I meant was...Uh..." I stammered. Curse me being a nervous wreck.

My face was starting to burn up, embarrassed by my inability to talk normally in front of my favorite idol. I don't think I can recall being more humiliated than I am now. I quickly lowered my head, avoiding Jin from seeing my flushed face, but quickly lift it up again when I heard an angelic sound.

It was Jin laughing.

"I was only joking. No need to take it seriously," he was still laughing at me.

I pursed my lips into a thin line. I swear I could feel my face feeling hotter. I looked at the manager, hoping he had something to say. However, to my dismay he only looked between us. It was as if he was trying to understand what was happening over here.

Oh God. Just my luck.

Thankfully, Dani managed to save me from this awkward moment.

"Omo! Jin, you're not kidnapped," Dani exclaimed and clapped her hands in delight.

"So you managed to escape your kidnappers?" Krista questioned.

"Barely. It wasn't the best experience though," he said with a sigh.

"Okay, enough of the small talk. Now, we'll hear Jin's story and try to get any kind of clue that we can. Jin, you can start now," the manager gestured Jin to started talking. Jin nodded and started explaining.

Thankfully, Jin was able to pinpoint their location; the one BTS was taken to. With the help of my hologram map, we were able to identify any possible escape route or any indicators about who they are. I noticed Dani looking rather uncomfortable during the whole session, as if she was hiding from all of us.

Now that I've mentioned, I knew Dani the least. She was quiet, avoiding any question regarding the mission on hand. Krista on the other hand was the complete opposite. She told me everything she knew already, and because of that I know her dad did had some connection with BTS since he sponsored the concert. I just shrugged it off. It shouldn't be something to worry about. Maybe she still hasn't warmed up to us yet.

We continued discussing for half an hour, before the manager excused himself for a meeting with all the staff. Jin was told to stay with us and help with finding the other members as quick as possible. I asked Pdnim to provide a full detailed report on BTS trainee and debut life. As soon as he left, Jin started talking about his friends, giving us a better image of who we're looking for.

"I really missed V being his crazy self," Jin sighed sadly.

Apparently all this talk about BTS had made him down. Can't blame him though, who wouldn't be worried sick about their friends in a situation like this. Something caught my interest. I shook my head, denying it. Maybe my eyes were just playing tricks with me.

But did Dani actually flinched at the mention of V?

I thought V was with her...

Jin clapped his hand, bringing me back to reality. He had quite the smile on his face, despite being worried sick about BTS.

"I think we had enough for today. How about some lunch? My treat," Jin offered.

I couldn't say no to food, now can I?