Chapter 10

Krista's POV

I was walking mindlessly, Levi by my side the whole time. I was really bummed out about the whole secret. I never thought Danielle would have been crazy enough to do something like that. But I can't put the blame on her, even I would have been restless thinking whose side I should be on. I was still thinking about Dani when something caught my attention.

Jin and Rachel exited the room, leaving Dani all alone. They soon started talking together. I couldn't care less and just ignored them. I let out a heavy sigh. This is already insane, and we haven't even started our official mission.

"Why the long face?" Levi broke the silence.

"I can't believe any of these. Why are we supposed to be involved in this? Can't they just report this to the police and get this settled with? I'm nothing more than just a plain teenager," I crossed my arms and pouted.

Levi just smiled at my childish behaviour. Good to see I amuse him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, in a brotherly way, like he always does when I'm frustrated with anything.

"You might not know this, but we are actually kinda involved in this," he said while leading me back to Rachel's room.

"Can I get uninvolved? This is just too complicated for me," I gave him my puppy.

He let out a chuckle and shook me bit. His way of loosening me up.

"I would love to. I mean, you're just not fit for something as daring like this. No spoilt brat will be able to pull this off," I kicked his ankle. No response. He must be made of stone. "But it is not in my place to say whether you can just quit this or not. Why not make your old man proud for once and ace this mission?" He looked at me, just as we arrived at Rachel's room.

Seconds later, Mr Watson came in. He looked around frantic, as if searching for something. He quickly rushed to Rachel, who was too caught up with her conversation with Jin to notice him entering.

"Rachel, have you seen my wristwatch?" He pointed to his right wrist, indicating it was missing.

"Oh, I borrowed it a few days ago. It's supposed to be here," she starts rummaging through her drawers.

"I'm sure it was here a few days ago," she practically emptied her drawers in the process. "Ah! Here it is dad," she handed the wristwatch to her dad.

Mr Watson took it and quickly inspected the watch. Seconds later, he furrowed his brow and was frowning. He thrusted the watch in front of Rachel's face. Rachel took the watch from her father. Taking a closer look, she let out a gasp.

"That is not my watch," Mr Watson stated.

"It looks exactly like yours," Rachel scratch the back of her head thinking. "I guess it got switched?" she gave a shy smile to her father.

Mr Watson just shook his head. He pointed to the laptop on Rachel's desk.

"Locate it, now," he commanded in a stern voice.

Rachel gave him a salute, before almost tripping and rushed to the laptop. She quickly got to work, her fingers moving fast on the keyboards.

"It's over...Here!" she pointed to a red dot on her laptop.

Dani looked over Rachel's shoulder, trying to get a glimpse of the map. Her eyes widen before jumping up and down excitedly.

"I think I know who has it! That's gotta be V. And that place," she pointed to the red dot on the map, " Is our hangout. My friends must have the members captivated over there."

Jin took the wristwatch Rachel was holding and took a closer look. His facial softens and he slowly smiled, admiring the wristwatch.

"This is V's wristwatch. I guess he accidentally swapped it," Jin let out a soft chuckle.

Rachel looked at his father, guilt written all over her face. "Guess I wasn't careful enough when I had Dani and V over last time," she laughed nervously.

Mr Watson shook his head. "Honestly, I'm glad you did. Now we have a lead in finding the others. Now start tracking. And a reminder missy, I don't want you being careless ever again."

"Yes, Sir!" she saluted her father as he exited her room.

We all went straight to work. Jin and Rachel were planning routes. The ones we're taking to go there and our escape route. Dani took her phone out, trying to act all cool with her friends and tried digging for some information. Seems like she might be able to get info on which member will be in which country. I, on the other hand, had the easiest job ever.

"Dad?" I called him.

"Yes? How's the mission going?" he asked on the other line.

"It's going great and all! But we do need a favour to ask you," he was silence. I took it as a good sign. "Can we borrow your private jet? Looks like we're going around the world for this mission."

There was a long pause. He was probably taking his precious time thinking if he should let us borrow it or not. After waiting what seems like ages, I finally heard a sigh at the other end of the line. I heard him mumbling a few words before talking to me again.

"If you must, then you can. But, I want it back in good condition," he warned.

"No worries, Dad! We have Levi with us," I gave him my assurance.

I know he's not convinced, but what can he do? He dragged me into this mess and it was only fair he had to help us in any he could. He gave in, with a few specific terms that we had to follow. I said goodbye to him and closed my phone.

A smile crept onto my face. This mission is gonna be fun!