Chapter 7

Rachel's POV

I stared at the girl in front of me, my supposedly new teammate. I was fuming, and I swear smoke was coming out of my ears. Now, I'm starting to regret our little agreement.

"What? Don't like my terms? I thought by teaming up, your work would be easier and we could find those boys faster," she flips her hair and looks at her so-called bodyguard. He gives a slight nod, agreeing with the obnoxious girl.

"On second thought, why should we?" I was practically yelling at her.

I couldn't contain my anger any longer. This girl was acting all superior with me, as if she was the best of them all and BTS meant nothing more than just pawns for her father's business. Didn't she care at all what happens to them?

"Let's just get this over with," she sighed. Entering my room, and pushing me aside rather rough, with her bodyguard following suit. I managed to catch my balance and prevented myself from looking like a fool and falling on my butt.

That little bi... I mean Krista was surveying my whole bedroom with a really judging face. Her bodyguard obediently nods at all the remarks, which was too quiet for me to hear. From the looks of it, even her bodyguard has just enough of her attitude for one day.

She turned around, facing me with an eyebrow arched. The poor bodyguard just shakes his head and rubs his temples, probably getting a headache because of her.

"So... What's your name again?" she stares at me blankly for a second.

Is this girl for real?!? We're going to work together, even though it was our fathers' idea, and she couldn't even remember my name.

The bodyguard leans in close to her ear, whispering something. Most probably my name.

"Ah, Rachel! So, back to business. I heard you're an inventor," she smiles at me. It was so sweet, I could almost vomit.

"Yeah, so what's it to you?" I raised an eyebrow at her suspiciously.

"Show me some of it! We're gonna be using your gadget during this mission silly!" she says as she starts walking to my blueprints.

I shook my head and face palmed myself. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and quickly tensed up. I looked over my shoulder, relieved to see it was only the bodyguard. He offered me a sympathetic smile

"Levi. And welcome to my world," he resumes observing Krista.

I sighed.

This is gonna be a long mission.

~

Danielle's POV

I was pacing back and forth in my room like a worried mother who lost her child. Well, I technically I lost a guy who acts like a child, but close enough. My heart felt heavy even though I've spent the last 30 minutes convincing myself it was the right thing to do.

I mean, shouldn't I prioritized my friends first; the ones who helped me get through all the drama in my life rather than a guy whom I just met?

I scratched my head. Guess I got myself into some real trouble, again. I sighed, for what seems like the billionth time already.

Just then, my mother called me for dinner. Can't keep her waiting, can I? I quickly straighten my dress and brush my hair to look presentable. Mother always stressed the importance of appearance, even in our own house. So, I always end up like I'm dining with the Queen of England every meal.

Reaching the dining table, I carefully pulled my chair and sat down. I watched Mother as she puts a plate of lamb skewers in front of me. If I hadn't been so bummed with my personal problems, I would have been thrilled to see my favorite dish for dinner. But alas, I wasn't. And because of that, I accidentally gave out a rather audible sigh.

Mother raised an eyebrow at me and her 'Is everything alright' face. I nodded and tried my best faking a smile. Mother seemed satisfied and resumed her eating.

"Mother," I spoke softly. She raised her head and looked at me questioningly. "Who do you think is more important? Boys or friends?" I played with my food.I didn't dare to look her in the eye after asking such a dumb question.

Silence. The kind that makes me nervous, cause this is my mother we're talking about.

"Well, honestly I think it depends on what type of boys we're talking about. If you're referring to your boyfriend, then I see no reason to put him first than others. He seems like a handsome young boy and he even seems nice enough, a perfect match for you my dear," and just like that Mother continued eating.

I stared at my food, my appetite long gone. I could almost see V's reflection in the gravy. Why am I overthinking about this? V can't possibly be more important than the friends who stood up for me.

Can he?

Did I make a mistake?

Oh god...V...

I'm so sorry. I shouldn't be doing this...

Yes, realization finally hit me, if you haven't guessed yet. Here I was, enjoying life while V could be suffering somewhere. I feel so sick of myself. This is so wrong. Definitely wrong. I need to save V, and fast. Who knows what those nasty girls could be doing to him.

I was about to excuse myself from the table, when the bell rang. I shrugged it off when Mother rise from her seat to open it herself. I couldn't care less honestly. What's important now is that I devise a plan to save V. Yes, that's right. Saving V is my top priority.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I hear Mother's voice.

"Please do join us for dinner. It's been a while since we had guests like this," wait, what? Mother is inviting some people in for dinner? This I cannot miss.

I peeked into the dining room, trying to catch a glimpse of our mystery guests. I was secretly hoping that it was my gang, so I could get some information about BTS from them. My hopes were crushed when I saw who it was. Just the annoying girl who saved V. I was about to turn around and go into my room, until I finally realized it.

Wait, why are they here?

I scurried downstairs to meet them. Mother asked me to entertain the guest while she whipped up some dinner and refreshments for our guest. I stood a safe distance from those three, eyeing them carefully. I crossed my arms, and tried to look intimidating.

"What are you doing here? How did you get my address?"

"How we know is not important. We didn't come here to have a little chit chat. We mean business. And by that, I'm referring to the peace offering we're about to offer you," a girl I haven't met before crossed my arms and snickered.

"My apologies. She didn't mean it that way," a guy by her side tried being nice.

"Did you really have to put it that way? Can't you be nice for once?" Rachel growled.

"I do what I want," the girl shrugged and rolls her eyes.

"You didn't quite answer my question. Why are you here?" I gritted my teeth.

"Like I said, we have a peace offering for you," Krista, as she introduced herself, said while she examines her nails.

"We need you...To help us find BTS...If you're okay with that," Rachel trailed away.

"Why?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I'll explain later, but right now, we need to get to the airport. Our plane to Korea will be off soon. C'mon," Rachel nudged at the door.

After agreeing, I hurried to my mother. I couldn't go overseas empty-handed, now can I. I asked for her credit card, which surprisingly she gave me without a squek. Just as I was about to leave, she said something that totally got me off guard.

"Stay out of trouble, dear. And don't get back unless you save BTS."

My eyes swelled up at this. She was the greatest woman I have ever met. Giving her a quick hug and a goodbye, I met up with the others, who seemed oddly pleased with me being with them.

"So, what are we waiting for, Seoul awaits for us," Krista cheers and led us into her limo.

Guess the adventure has just begun.