Part 12

''Hmm if i break this, i'll have an excuse for yelling at Sebastian..''

#JustLittleCielThings

Ok before i start this chapter, thank you SO MUCH for over 2,000 read and 100 favorites!:)

And i was wondering if you guys wanted me to write a funny chapter or something each time we hit 1,000 reads. You all seemed to like the last one. So please let me know :)

And sorry if this is a boring chapter lol. Much talking. Enjoy :)

When i woke up, Ciel was nowhere to be seen. I almost got worried. When i looked out the window, it was dark outside, so it was most likely either around dinner time or even night.

I got up from the bed, almost falling because a sudden dizziness came over me. But i kept going.

I walked out of the room and towards Ciel's study. And luckily, i could already hear him arguing with Sebastian, even before i had opened the door.

And when i did, they stopped.

I gave them a slight smile, since they most likely knew that i had heard them.

''Elizabeth. You're up.'' Ciel just said, and pretended to work on something, as if that was what he had done the whole time.

Sebastian looked at his watch and walked over to the door, as i walked in.

>>Please excuse me, Master. I didn't see the time. I will prepare dinner for you two now.<< He said, bowed and then left the room.

Ciel didn't even look up the whole time, as i made my way over to him and sat on his lap.

''Why didn't you wake me up?'' I asked, as i rested my head on his shoulder.

>>I just didn't feel like doing it. You looked so peaceful...'' He mumbled.

I closed my eyes and got closer to him.

''Elizabeth.''

''Yes?'' I said in a sweet voice.

Ciel hesitated to answer at first. I then opened my eyes, and looked up at him.

I noticed he looked a bit worried. And he didn't make eye contact either.

''You said..You wanted to help catch the group, i talked about, correct?'' He said with a look of defeat.

My eyes widden in surprise. But at least i now knew what they had been arguing about.

I slowly nodded and Ciel let out a sigh.

''Listen. Next week, we are going into town, since the police said they might have more clues on the case.'' He said.

I sat up a little bit.

''What made you change your mind?'' I asked.

''You didn't let me finish. You are not coming with.<< He said.

And before i could say anything, he spoke again.

''Instead we are sending you undercover, a few days before. In case you might find a bit more clues, the place they last were seen, and in case they might appear again.<< He then said.

''Where will i be staying?'' I asked.

Ciel shook his head.

''I already got that figured out. You'll be staying with...A friend.'' He said, yet the look on his face said otherwise. At least about the ''friend'' part.

Not that i really felt like Ciel thought of anyone as friends.

I nodded again.

''What is my purpose exacly?'' I then asked.

And as i said that, Ciel digged through his stack of papers, and finally handed one to me.

''The group we are chasing, have kidnapped a bunch of young women in London, as well as hurt or even kill anyone, who have tried getting in their way. This is a list of those, who have gone missing, so far..''

I looked at the paper with a worried expression. Then i suddenly noticed something, when i looked at the description of each picture.

''They...All have green eyes?'' I asked. ''Why is that?''

Ciel nodded.

''Well since they are supposed to be a group, that goes after, what they think is supernatural beings, it makes sense that they would go for women with green eyes.''

I pouted at him.

''What is that supposed to mean?'' I asked.

''I didn't mean it like that. But in medieval times, it was thought that women with green eyes, were linked to witches and witchcraft, so they were usually the one that were hanged or burned.'' He answered, and looked at the paper. ''And there are alot of people today, that think the same.''

''You want me to get kidnapped?..'' I asked.

He shook his head again.

''If it were up to me, you weren't even coming along. But don't worry. Where you will stay, no one will be able to lay a finger on you.'' He said.

''You're job is merely to blend in and search for clues. We just thought you might have a bigger chance of seeing something happen, if you might look like someone that they were interested in.''

''I see..But you are sure that this ''friend'' will be able to protect me?''

He nodded.

''Yes. And until we arrive, which is a few days after you, you will not leave the place you are staying. That way, i can be sure that Sebastian is there to watch you, in case you go somewhere.''

I placed the paper on the desk, yet couldn't take my eyes from one of the girls.

She looked so sad. It almost hurt. And now, she had even been kidnapped.

She looked around my age. Black braided pigtails, large green eyes and what looked like a gray blouse. I couldn't see more of the picture then that, but i somehow hoped, that she was okay.

''Wouldn't it make more sense, if i just arrived the same day, as you?'' I asked.

''No. We can't be seen together and arriving the same day, might be suspicious, in case someone might be watching, as soon as someone leaves the manor.'' Ciel said and put the paper in a drawer. ''And the few days in between, is to make you blend a bit more in.''

I guess this meant, that i couldn't wear anything cute, on this mission. Not that i really did so anyway, these days.

I nodded one last time.

''Okay. I get it. When will i be leaving?'' I asked him.

''In two days..'' He said, and suddenly looked worried.

I looked at him with a curious look, since he looked like he wanted to say something.

''Just promise that...You'll be safe..'' Ciel said, with a sad look.

I adjusted my seating, and ran my fingers through his hair.

''I promise, so don't worry about it.'' I said, and smiled at him.

''That only makes me worry more..'' He just with a grumpy face.

I just shook my head, and leaned in for a kiss, that he seemed to happily return.

Now i just had to be sure, not to break my promise.