Faodail (n.)

"Okay what's going on?", Keith asked his excited brother. They were in Shiro's old mini van, that Matt and Keith constantly made fun of, and driving to the other side of town.

"Well, since you obviously needed some creative inspiration I thought...."

"Oh my god Shiro WHAT DID YOU DO", if Keith hadn't been nervous before, he sure was now. 

"Chill, it's not a big deal. Matt and I simply-"

"YOU GOT MATT INVOLVED?" Keith practically screamed. Matt Holt had been Shiro's best friend since pratically forever, so Keith knew that their mishevious attitudes would be the death of him.

"Will you calm down?", Shiro asked, Keith groaned in annoyance.

"See we're already here." Shiro stated, pointing to the building in front of them.

The building itself was beautiful, with grey-blue walls and a close proximity to the beach, it shone on the two brothers with a kind light. Altean Aquariums, Keith read.

"Alright, go inside", Shiro dictated with a proud smile.

"By myself?", Keith's voice cracked. 

"No, Matt's waiting for you. Pidge takes classes here so I thought I'd join you as well", Shiro hoped that Keith would listen, he thought that this could really be good for him.

"What kind of classes?" Keith was still anxious, he had never done anything like this before. 

"Just trust me", Shiro gripped Keith's shoulder gently, doing his best to calm his brother's nerves.

Keith breathed uneasily, making his way into the building before him. He entered through the glass door and found Matt almost immediately.

"Keith! How was your first day of second semester?", Matt was signing some papers, Keith assumed it was his admission forms, and he looked like he was almost done.

"Umm, it was okay I guess", Keith shifted uncomfortably, he'd always been a bit awkward.
"Alright, Kat- I mean, Pidge will be getting out of class shortly. I'll ask them to show you around", Matt finished up the last paper and got up to the front table.

There sat an interesting looking mustached man, who was sorting through some files with a happy grin.

Matt sat back down, beckoning Keith to join him. Shyly, he did.

After about four minutes of Matt trying to start a conversation and failing, class released.
A bundle of teens came out out of the door, each in swimwear and towels around them. One of them approached Matt and Keith happily.

They were short, wearing a green swimsuit, with shaggy brown hair that laid messily above their shoulders. They got out a wide set of glasses and were adjusting them when Matt introduced the two.

"Keith, this is my younger sibling: Pidge.", Keith had some idea of who this was, although never being properly introduced, he had heard plenty of stories from both his brother and Matt about the non-binary before him.

"Hey there. So, you're taking the adult classes I assume?", Pidge asked, drying their hair with a towel.

"Y-yeah I guess...", Keith still wasn't sure exactly what this place was. I mean, sure it was an aquarium but what kinda classes were these exactly?

"Well, let me show you around", Pidge threw their towel at Matt, who called out in annoyance, before heading back inside the door with Keith.

The pale boy looked in awe of the scene before him, so many colours and animals, all absorbed with life behind the clear glass. They each swam in indivuality, yet also aware of each other's presence. Keith had never seen anything quite like it.

"Pretty, huh?" Pidge asked softly.

"Beautiful", Keith was mezmorized.

"In that case, let me introduce you to Lance", Pidge laughed.

"Hmm?" Keith hadn't quite heard exactly what Pidge had said, being so distracted, but he before he could ask his new friend to repeat it, he was offered a new distraction.

A tall, tan man saundered into the room, his hair wet and pushed back, wearing a blue, Altean Aquarium marked, swimsuit. His skin pratically glowed in the room, and his smile beamed as he made his way to a wide-eyed Keith.

I mean, Keith had seen beauty. But not quite like this. And as the figure marched closer, Keith's blush only deepened.

"You called?", the figure asked Pidge proudly.

"Yup. This is Keith, your new student", Pidge nudged the boy, who shut his gaping mouth.

"The name's Lance", he said with a smirk, eyes twinkling as he held out a hand.

Keith shook his hand, expecting Lance to let go, but instead, the tan boy only gripped Keith's fingers and led him to the other side of the aquarium, Pidge following close by.

Keith blushed at the touch, they were holding hands for fuck's sake, and they'd met not even two minutes ago.

"So Keith, do you know anything about marine life? You will be taking classes about it after all.." Lance led Keith to what the raven haired boy assumed was his office. It was cluttered with papers and photographs. Pidge slouched lazily on the couch that decorated the room, fidgeting with their phone.

"No, not really..", Keith trailed off, studying the cramped collage of photos on the wall. 

Lance had 'fucking finally' let go of Keith's hand and was now sorting through some blue folders on his desk.

"Perfect!", the tan boy chirped, handing Keith a paper, "You start in two days. I suggest you go out and buy a swimsuit if you don't have one already and to bring some notebook and pencils".
Keith looked down at the paper and identified it as his class schedule. 'Okay so class every two days, that doesn't sound too bad', Keith realized the schedule did include learning how to swim, but he decided he could worry about his irrational fears later. 

And as he watched the tan boy ramble on, he mentally added a new word to his ocean inspired list.

5) Beautiful.

///
Gahhh this chapter was written at 6 in the morning because I couldn't sleep so I'm sorry for any mistakes. Also it was really cheesy tbh but aT LEAST MORE OF MY CHILDREN ARE HERE. Thanks for reading  ~Tan ♡