Abscond (v.)

Author's Note:
PLEASE DON'T SPOIL THE NEW SEASON FOR ME (explanation is after the chapter)

DDDD:

yeah so love yall please keep reading if you want tysm

~

Staring at his empty drink with equally empty eyes, he took a glance around the room and back at his own stool; there, Lance decided once and for all: he hated bars.

They were too mixed; mixed with people, mixed with noise, mixed with vision...

Ugh, talk about sensory overload.

The only reason he was here in the first place was because he couldn't find the courage to drive those extra eight miles to the city hospital.

To the room on the east side of the building.

To the place at the end of the hallway.

Sigh. He left his courage at the bottom of the ocean.

It wasn't like the trip wouldn't be worth it. Oh it would so be worth it.

Just to see Keith alive.

The colour returned to his lips.

The life back into his eyes.

The warmth back in his body, running down his arms and back up to his dimples.

Lance hugged his own arms.

"Are you gonna order?"

Lance looked up at a familiar blonde face.

"Nyma?"

///

"What, what are you doing here?"

She appeared calm, taking a seat to the bar stool next to him.

"This is a public place...isn't it?" She remarked, beer in hand.

"Yeah, but like...I haven't seen you in-"

"Eight weeks and two days...yeah. I got into an accident you know..."

Lance didn't really know how to respond to that. So he didn't.

"...I almost died. I was drunk, and I didn't see the stop sign..."

"Nyma you don't-"

"...I almost killed someone Lance."

He gulped. She continued.

"She's a mom." Nyma's voice was unbelievably steady, despite the waterfall erupting from her eyes.

"And you know what her son said to me?" she stared at nothing in particular, as they both simutaneously choked back sadness.

"He said that he didn't hate me. He said that he felt sorry for me." Nyma's voice finally crescended down in a spiral, as her sadness made a stamp on Lance's heart.

"Nyma, I-"

"I just wanna apologize Lance. I don't wanna live my life like this..." she sobbed as Lance brought her close to him.

"Like what?" he mumbled, barely talking over the muffled crying.

"Hurting people. This life...it's, worthless..."

"Don't say that..." his eyes kept on her.

"Life without love is a life that's been lost...Lance, I've been lost for a very long time."