Kenopsia (n.)

"So I meant to ask before.." Keith turned his head to the tan boy next to him, "But where's Hunk?"

Lance turned another street corner, "Oh, he walked, he rants about doing it 'for the good of the environment' and stuff but truthfully, the dude gets crazy motion sickness...he can't even ride the teacups without hurling."

"Where are we going anyways?" Keith asked, trying to make sense of the each turn Lance took. He'd considered himself pretty great with directions, but right now? He had no clue where they were. Lance only winked, before finally parking near a cluster of stores.

"Here, put this on. I'm gonna head inside to meet up with Hunk, can you take the bag out from the back and bring it inside?" Lance tossed Keith a piece of dark fabric and rushed out of the car, leaving Keith stunned.

"What?" Keith asked, a little too late. He looked down at the maroon fabric, identifying it as a ski mask.

'What the actual fuck.'

"Lance I got your shit but I'm not putting this on." Keith entered the store with the small bag like Lance had asked, holding the ski mask in the other hand casually.

Despite Lance entering in a moment before, the store looked completely deserted. Keith looked around to find the store reminded him a lot of the gas station stores he'd seen in movies. The walls were colorful, decked with freezers filled with coke, juice, and numerous other drinks. There were four, short aisles shelved with chips, candy, and other junk that Keith knew Shiro would despise. Keith surveyed the store, trying to spot some of his favorite snacks. His eyes lit up at the sight of his favorite strawberry biscuits, making a mental note to refill his sweets stash at home.

His brother may be a health nut, but Keith sure as hell wasn't.

"Lance?" Keith called.

All of a sudden, the lights went out. Keith jumped in surprise, just when he was thinking this night was getting a little too weird for him, he gets tackled by a figure decked out completely in black asides from a navy blue ski mask.

Keith screamed, punching the creature in the jaw. If he had been in any other situation, he'd probably be stocked to use the martial arts he'd learned growing up, but right now? He was scared out of his mind.

"OW!" The figure winced.

"Lance?" Keith's eyes widened, he was pinned underneath him yet again, and Keith wasn't sure how to feel towards how common it was becoming.

"Yeah, no shit. Now shh!! He's coming." Lance pulled Keith to a dark corner of the store, the only source of light illuminated from the street lamps outside.

"What!? Who?!" Keith shrieked in a whisper before being hushed again. Lance crawled slowly to the front of the store, Keith following close behind.

There were some footsteps, the flicker of a switch, and the light echoed back into the store, lighting it up once more.

A broad man stood behind the register, he wore a dark green shirt and an employee's apron. He had noticeable stubble, and stood tall against the counter, Keith also noticed he looked strangely familiar....

"GIVE ME THE MONEY!" Lance shot up, grabbing the bag Keith had brought.

Keith gasped in utter shock as Lance pulled a pistol out of the bag and aimed it at the man before them.

Keith had never been more petrified in his life. The one time he makes a friend, they end up being a low class criminal. 'Go outside they said, make friends they said...YOU'LL HAVE FUN THEY SAID'