Ludic (adj.)

Keith treasures his sleep.

He treasures it a lot.

Between being an insomniac, working hard to maintain his academic scholarships, trying to find a job, and these aquarium lessons that seemed to be constantly taking up more and more of his time- Keith was a busy guy.

One who didn't sleep as much as he'd like.

So if Keith was lucky enough to get the recommended eight hours of sleep, he'll likely kill anyone who gets in the way.

Lance, of course, hadn't gotten the memo.

As his phone let out an booming shrill in the middle of the night, Keith jolted awake. He barely got any phone calls, asides from his parents and Shiro, and none of them would be daring enough to call him midst his much needed rest.

He suddenly felt a surge of panic, what if something was wrong? Maybe someone got hurt? He scrambled for his phone, rushing to answer.

"Hello?!" Keith answered in a panic, not bothering to notice the unknown number.

"Mullet! Is that you? What's up?!" A familiar voice yelled from the other side of the phone, way too loud and energetic considering it was two in the morning.

Keith pressed his temples, trying his best to follow the words that Shiro constantly told him.

'Patience yields focus, patience yields focus, patience yields-'

"Hello?" Lance's voice called out loudly again.

'Fuck patience'.

"Why. The shit. Are you calling me. AT FUCKING TWO A.M.!" Keith yelled into the phone, he could hear Shiro grumbling from the other room, obviously awakened.

"Okay, whoa, don't need to get your mullet in a twist, damn.." Lance muttered.

"Did you call me with a purpose or did you just decide to get a head-start on your daily annoyances?" Keith grumbled, obviously agitated with being awoken before the sun.

"Okay, first of all, rude. Second of all, we're outside your door and we were wondering if you wanted to come with."

"Wait, what?"

Lance ended the call with a beep, leaving Keith lost, tangled in his sheets with a confused look on his face.

He was deciding whether or not to call Lance again before his doorbell rang through the small apartment.

Keith could hear Shiro get up to answer it, he threw his blanket to the side before scrambling through the house. He could see Shiro stretching for the doorknob, he shrieked before racing to the door, tackling his brother.

"KEITH WHAT ARE YOU-" Shiro's voice muffled under Keith's hand, which he now held over his brother's mouth.

Keith hushed him, "Okay so there's a boy-"

Now, Shiro was probably more than twice Keith's size. Even when they were kids, Shiro always had the upper hand, so wrestling wasn't exactly a fair fight. Granted, Shiro would never use this advantage if he didn't think what he was fighting for was good for Keith. And at a mention of a boyfriend, Shiro was fucking ecstatic.

Okay, so Keith didn't say boyfriend, per-say.

But that wasn't gonna stop Shiro from immediately tossing Keith to the side, not even letting him finish his statement. and answering the door to play the ultimate wing-man.

I mean what were brothers for?

At the end of the day, Keith loved his brother.

But throughout the day was a very different story.