La Douleur Exquise (n.)

"What do you mean you have to work?!"

Keith was on his computer, lounging back with his phone pressed against his ear. He was extremely unused to talking on the phone, seeing as texting was his preferred means of communication. However, Lance tended to type really fast, and although Keith had gotten pretty good at deciphering it in the past week, it was easier to just call each other. Despite how awkward it was for him.

"I mean I have to work ; we already hung out two days ago, so what's the big deal?" Keith shifted the phone to his left hand to use his dominant hand on the mouse.

"Yeah, but we made plans ..." Lance whined. "What work are you doing anyways ?"

"Writing stuff." Keith grunted, he was pretty much completely done with Lance at this point.

' Doesn't this dude have a girlfriend? Why doesn't he just hang out with her?' Keith thought bitterly.

"Ooohh, sounds cool. I'm coming over."

"Wait what-" Keith's voice was cut off by the sound of the call ending. He groaned.

---

"Why are you here?" Keith asked the moment he made contact with night blue eyes.

"Excuse you, is that anyway to treat a guest?"

"I never invited you."

"Well I'm here..so can I come in?" Lance pointed to the apartment that Keith hid behind his head.

"No."

"kEITH."

"Fine. Just don't touch anything." Keith opened the door wider to let the energetic boy in, who happily strolled inwards.

"Nice place." Lance commented, looking around.

The apartment was nice. It wasn't huge or anything, but it was certainly better than the college apartments Keith's peers were stuck with. At least he had a couch .

"Thanks. It's my brothers. I'm just here until he forces me out." Keith laughed.

"Where is he? Shiro, I mean?"

"Oh, he's with Matt."

A silence fell over as Lance looked around and Keith shuffled awkwardly. Lance, like always, broke it.

He grinned. "So, your writing..."

"Ew. Don't remind me." Keith headed towards his room, feeling Lance's presence behind him.

"Aw, c'mon Mullet. Show me your fanfiction..." Lance smirked.

"Seriously? Fanfiction?" Keith raised an eyebrow in judgement.

"Yes!" Lance chirped.

Keith rolled his eyes, a smile dancing onto his lips. "I'm working on homework right now."

"Nice! What'cha writing about?"

"Why should I tell you?" Keith sat down on his bed, in front of his laptop, smiling to himself.

"C'MON. KEITH? MY BUDDY? MY MAN??" Lance stretched out across the floor, further exhibiting his dramatics.

"I don't know.." Keith grinned, teasing Lance had become one of his favorite pastimes, especially considering Lance was probably the most dramatic person on the face of existence.

"PLEASE. IF YOU DON'T TELL ME..I'll-umm....."

Keith raised his brows.

"..MY HEART WILL COLLAPSE! I'LL HAVE A STROKE. PLEASE KEITH. I AM JUST A BOY FROM CUBA I DO NOT HAVE THE STRENGTH-I'M ALREADY HAVING PALPITATIONS." Lance held Keith's arm as he dragged him down.