Dyspnea (n.)

"Okay...", Lance looked at him with an unreadable expression, "As long as you're okay.."

"Lance, I'm fine", Keith looked him in the eyes.

"Good," Lance took a look at the big clock on the wall, "Your lesson's over by the way."

Keith got up and walked out with Lance to the front desk. They found a group of people clustered there, one of which, was Allura, the owner of the aquarium. She, much like her name, was alluring. She captured the attention of everyone easily, with tan skin, beaming blue eyes and bright, white hair. Which, Pidge explained, she had dyed when she was younger. She wore one of the Altean marked swimsuits with her wet hair tied back in a high bun, and was talking with the fellow workers before the Lance and Keith marched in.

"There you are Lance!", Allura stepped out, greeting the tan boy. She held a bright smile while glimpsing at Keith, "Is this one of your students?"

"His name's Keith and unfortunately yes", Lance glared at the shorter boy while Allura looked in shock.

"Lance!" she hissed, "Don't talk about your students like that!"

"What? The dude legit refuses to get in the water! He's a real piece of work if ya ask me.." Lance argued.

"Yeah well no one is asking you and you're not exactly exhilarating to be around either" Keith rolled his eyes.

Lance gasped while Allura laughed in the background. "W-well you're..."

Keith raised his dark brows, "Yeah?"

"Y-you're less exhilarating than me!" Lance stated before crossing his arms with a proud smirk, feeling triumphant.

"Ooo good one Lance!" one of the fellow workers stated. He was tall and broad with olive-brown skin. Keith had seen him tending to the aquarium animals on multiple occasions, but was too shy to introduce himself, despite how friendly the big guy appeared.

Keith scoffed and Allura glanced at him with an encouraging smile, "Don't worry, you'll get it. It's scary sometimes but Lance will help you."

Keith nodded, trying to escape Allura's sudden attention. It wasn't like he didn't appreciate her kind words, he just felt a bit embarrassed at how long he was taking to confront his fears. He seemed to be so confident with everything else, but when his eyes gaze over the demeaning water it made Keith feel like a little kid again. He smiled back at Allura, silently promising to try harder.

"I'm Hunk, by the way," Keith's attention snapped back to the guy Lance was laughing with moments before. He had a hand stretched out with a kind grin, which Keith shook steadily.

"I'm not a teacher here, more or less a caretaker for the animals but..." Hunk held eye contact, "Maybe you could come over sometime? I live with Lance and we can both help you deal with your swimming problem."
Keith glanced at Lance, who wasn't even attempting at hide his sulking, giving away that this invite was obviously not his idea.

"Umm,..I'll think about it." Keith confirmed. He wasn't trying to turn Hunk down or anything, but he didn't exactly love social outings, especially when it includes his disdainful teacher and a guy he'd just met.

"Nice!" Hunk laughed, "Let me give you our numbers."

Keith handed him his phone while looking back at Lance, who was now joking around with the man at the reception desk, whose name, Keith had learned, was Coran. Pidge had told him that Coran was Allura's uncle, and they handled the aquarium together.

Keith smiled, watching Lance interact with people other than himself. He noted that the tan boy was much more lighthearted around others, never frowning or showing any sign of scorn. 'Why doesn't he act that way around me...wait why do I care..'