Meliorism (n.)

"Where the fuck did you find him??" Keith was freaking out, it wasn't everyday that you kiss your crush, get your life ruined, rush home with a broken heart, only to find your brother attempting to hold up a very drunk version of said crush.

"Don't freak out! I found him on some random lawn, the poor guy's completely wasted. I was thinking we could keep him here for the night or at least call someone to pick him up..." Shiro gently placed a drunken Lance onto the couch, while Keith lost his shit.

"Ugh I don't have his brother's contact..." Keith clenched his head in worry, before snapping his fingers, "HUNK! I can call Hunk!"

He rushed into his room for his phone, waiting in quiet anticipation for the other man to pick up.

Voicemail.

Keith cursed, leaving a message before hesitantly returning to the origin of the chaos.

"So, your boyfriend's spending the night?" Shiro asked happily.

"Not funny." The younger sibling glared, much to his brother's amusement.

"Keith, I'm-hic-sorry..." Lance rolled over to the side, mumbling to himself.

"He can't even form a sentence." Keith panned, gesturing towards the drowsy boy.

Lance groaned into the couch, half awake.

"Calm down. We'll just let him crash here until the morning." Shiro smiled genuinely, which only pushed Keith's nerves further.

Keith dropped on the sofa, his screaming muffled through the cushion.

"Stop being so dramatic!" Shiro smacked the back of Keith's head, who weakly hit his older brother with the nearest pillow he could reach.

A few minutes of Drunk!Lance, Keith's whining and Shiro trying to be responsible later, their lives were interjected by the ringing of a doorbell and the surprise of a certain sibling duo.

In a small apartment in the middle of the city, a new world was forged by unlikely circumstance and chance. As many come to learn, a lot can happen in a single night.

And for Keith, the night had just begun.

///

"WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING HERE!?"

"Just came to crash the party, that's all..." Pidge smirked happily, flopping down onto the couch next to Lance.

"No party's complete without the Holts!" Matt pitched in, fistbumbing his sibling as he sat down.

"Matt, nobody wants you here! And Pigeon or whatever the fuck your name is! I met you not even 4 months ago!" Keith screamed in frustration.

"Keith, I think maybe you need to calm down." Shiro gestured at his aggressive brother, who sighed deeply before lying down face first in the middle of the room.

"Yeah, Keith! Besides, I need to get dirt from Lance somehow! Who would I be if I didn't keep my blackmail collection updated?" Pidge smiled deviously.

"And I gotta keep the punk on a leash, so, I'm here too!" Matt added happily.

"This is it. My life is ruined. You all came here to sabotage me. You all must really hate me. What did I ever do to any of you..." Keith murmured in a monotone.

"Shiro told me you were 'theatrical'." Pidge stated with air quotes. "I mean, Lance is one of my best friends and even he's not this much of a drama queen."