3- New Friends

HAILEY'S POV

"And where in the bloody hell were you?" Celeste yelled at me when I got back to our dorm, out of breath from running. She gave me a smile and I laughed and fell back on my bed.

"I put Milou in the owlery." I huffed and she crinkled her nose.

"I agree with your mother, you should have gotten a cat," Celeste said and petted her white cat, Esmeralda.

"So don't freak out... I met a boy." I said quietly. Celeste screamed, scaring Esmeralda who jumped, her tail sticking up straight.

"Shhh!" I put a finger to my lips and popped my eyes. If any of the Prefects heard, we'd be in big trouble.

"Sorry!" Celeste screamed in a whisper. "Tell me immediately!" She moved over onto my bed.

"I was in the owlery. He had just sent his snowy owl-"

"The same type of owl as Milou! It's a sign!" Celeste sighed and I laughed. He was attractive, but I didn't get that vibe from him, and I hope he didn't get one from me... I have my eyes set on someone else.

"I ignored him and put Milou in an empty spot. He asked me if Milou was a snowy owl and that's what started our conversation." I felt sort of guilty I had met a boy before Celeste. She wanted it more than I did.

"Who was he?" She asked and I frowned.

"No idea, I didn't get his name." I pictured the boy in my head and couldn't shake the feeling that he looked very familiar. "He did look really familiar though," I added and bit my lip. Celeste sighed.

"That's no help." She crossed her arms and I shrugged with a smile on.

"Sorry." I shrugged and she hit me with one of her pillows.

///

I woke up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat and clutching my scar. This happened often. I'd be having a nightmare which included people I didn't know and then I'd wake up in pain from my scar. My parents told me it was stress. I thought it was something more. I pushed myself up and saw the sun starting to rise out the window. I tried to get a better look, but it was hard to see from here. I made it my new mission to see the sunrise from Hogwarts.

I tiptoed out of the room and down the stairs into the common room. I almost gasped when I saw Mathilde asleep on the table, her head resting on all the papers. I felt sort of bad for her but kept going. I couldn't miss it.

The painting swung opened, thankfully silent.

"Where are you going? These ladies aren't supposed to leave their dorms yet." She whispered (which I was very grateful for) in French.

"The sun is rising and I really want to see it." I gave her a pleading look. She could scream any minute and Madame Maxime would kill me. She thought for a second before giving me a warm smile.

"Be back before they wake up, sweetheart." She said, once again in French, and I thanked her before continuing to make my way outside. I ran down a hall that led to a bridge with openings instead of windows. I didn't want to get lost, so I just stayed on the bridge, watching the blazing colours of orange and yellow and pink in front of me. As I watched the sun, thoughts of the blonde boy came into my head again. Today was my opportunity. Classes don't start until tomorrow because Hogwarts decided to give us all a day to meet each other.

Finally, the sun was high in the sky, shining bright. I sighed before turning to leave when I ran straight into someone's stomach. I immediately pulled back, knowing I had been caught. It was a tall and large man, with long brown hair, and a long brown beard. He had a smile on and chuckled when he saw my face.