10- The Dungeons

HARRY'S POV

"Harry Potter." I couldn't move, I couldn't think. Why am I always involved? Is it too much to just stay out of something for once? Ron just gave me a dull stare and Hermione gasped, grabbing my arm and breathing heavily. I thought she may cry. The thought made me go paler than I already was. I didn't know what I was more afraid of, my name being called for the Triwizard tournament, or Hermione crying.

"Go on, Harry." I think I heard Hermione mumble. My suspicions were confirmed when I felt her small hand grab my shoulder, attempting to get me to go up to the front. I started to get up slowly but was still a little slow due to shock. "Harry, for goodness sake," Hermione mumbled again, obviously pulling herself back together helping me up. Before I could get to the front, the Goblet spewed one last time, before putting itself out after.

Dumbledore grabbed the paper with the same expression and read it, his eyes closed.

"Hailey Blanc." I felt like the life had been knocked out of me. I froze, my already open jaw dropping lower. Hailey, my last real family member left was going to compete in the Triwizard tournament, with me. I wanted to yell. I wanted to run away. I wanted to grab her and just hug her. She acts tough, but I know this would scare her, heck, it scares me! There's a reason for the age limit! I felt the dinner I had just consumed churning in my stomach.

After the feast, everyone was rushed back to their dorms and I ran to find Hailey. I was surprised Draco wasn't there when I got to her. The look on her face crushed me. She looked like a sad puppy. Her eyes glistened and her lip quivered. Her face was pale. I couldn't bear to see her like this. I stood close to her as Dumbledore frantically grabbed my arm, pulling into the staff door of the Great Hall and closing it.

"Did you put your name in the cup?" He boomed and I shook my head.

"No sir-"

"Did you ask someone older than you to put in your name for you?" He yelled and I did the same as before, shook my head.

"No sir." He grabbed his white hair, the lines in his forehead deepening. He was mumbling to himself and pacing.

"How could this be..." I made out and he looked back at me, opened his mouth, then closed it. He opened the door and shoved me out, grabbing Hailey. Dumbledore's didn't go in with her, as he wasn't her headmaster. Madame Maxime was visible when the door opened. Madame Maxime immediately began yelling in fluent French. Hailey closed her eyes tight, a tear spilling out of one eye. She turned her head as she wiped it. Dumbledore slammed the door. Dumbledore was furious and McGonagall, who I just noticed was here, was sad.

"He's just a boy!" She kept mumbled and sometimes yelling at Dumbledore, who paced back and forth in front of the cup. I just sat and stared the whole time. I didn't know what else to do.

It had been at least 20 minutes and the French had only gotten louder, though the door was closed. I could hear Hailey's soft voice every now and again. She replied in French and I admired her for knowing 2 languages, but now wasn't the time. 10 minutes later, Hailey was pushed out the door by Madame Maxime, Hailey's eyes red and puffy. Her breaths were unsteady as she took her spot next to me again. Dumbledore raised his voice at McGonagall, scaring Hailey who grabbed my hand. Her hand was cold and I intertwined it with my warm one.

"We'll have to get Fudge out here immediately! Send the children to a separate space, away from any of the other children until we know what is going to happen... The dungeon!" Dumbledore spoke and McGonagall ushered Hailey and me out of the Great Hall, our hands still connected. Hailey wasn't pulling away and I couldn't. She needed someone.