20- Complicated Relationships

HAILEY'S POV

When I woke up, I was wrapped in Cedric's arms. He wasn't awake and I laid there for awhile, listening to his heartbeat and calm breathing. I explored the room without moving my head, so I could only see what was right in front of me: another bed. I noticed the curls as Kellan. From the way the orange and red light hit the floor, I assumed it was only early in the morning. I assumed Allan and Sam were in the room, in their own beds as well. I couldn't believe I spent the night out of my tower. A nervous feeling took over my stomach as I prayed no one in my own tower noticed.

Cedric stirred, and flipped onto his back, his arm bringing me with him. I rolled over and my head landed on his chest. I could now see the reflection of the room through the mirror on Cedric's desk. My assumptions were correct. I saw Allan with his mouth open and Sam sprawled across his bed. I could also see Cedric in the mirror. He was so cute. His mouth was parted and he looked so peaceful... and attractive. His hair still looked perfect and so did he. His arm fell off my shoulder and I realized I was free. I carefully pushed myself up, trying desperately not to wake him, or his roommates. I was successful and took one more look at my boyfriend before tiptoeing down the stairs.

I opened my eyes and frantically looked around. Realizing I was in my own dorm in my own bed, I relaxed a little bit and began to get ready for the day. After leaving my naturally curly hair the way it was, and picking out jeans and a t-shirt, I headed to The Great Hall for breakfast.

"Hails!" Cedric called the second I stepped through the big doors, waving me over to him and his friends. "Good morning," Cedric mumbled, kissing my cheek and taking another bite of toast.

"Morning," I mumbled back, grabbing whatever was in front of me and eating it.

"How're you feeling, Hailey? A little sore?" Sam asked, dead serious and I was very confused.

"No, I'm fine actually?" I replied, curiously. What was he talking about? Kellan laughed, so I knew they were up to something.

"Really? I guess Ced was gentle then." Sam said, opening his mouth and running his tongue over his top teeth, attempting to hide his smile. Cedric said nothing, only smiled and tried to hold in a laugh.

"He's just kidding, love," Cedric whispered in my ear, but I was still terribly confused. I just laughed a little but couldn't help but wonder if I didn't understand the joke because of how much older they all were than me... and next year they would all be graduated. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Emily's voice.

"Oh leave her alone, Sam! You're just jealous Ced has a girl, and a pretty one at that." Emily said, giving him a look. Sam shut up after that, and I thought it was cute how Sam seemed to have a lot of respect for Emily. I got the feeling all the boys in their friend group did.

The rest of breakfast passed quickly, and it wasn't long before all the Hufflepuffs and I had finished our meals and began to rise.

"Hailey!" Emily yelled as I stood up from the table. It was very loud in the Great Hall, so she had to yell.

"Emily?"

"Stay there." She said, and ran around the long table, coming back down on my side. I felt Cedric intertwine my hands with his. "You can let her go, Ced, I don't bite." Emily smiled, and Cedric chuckled a little, going pink in the cheeks slightly.

"I'm gonna go with the guys, I'll find you later," Cedric mumbled in my ear, kissing my head and running to catch up with Allan.