41- Hailey Potter

HAILEY'S POV

All I heard was applause and cheering. Why were they cheering? Didn't they know Cedric was... Cedric was...

"Keep everybody in their seats! A boy's just been killed." I heard someone whisper. The shock and adrenaline from fighting Voldemort had worn off, and it finally sunk in. Cedric was dead.

Harry and I laid there, right in the middle of the grass, crying our eyes out on top of Cedric. I felt numb inside, like this wasn't actually happening and it was all some crazy nightmare, even though I knew it wasn't.

"Harry! Hailey! What happened?" Dumbledore shouted, rushing over to our side. I tried to answer, but nothing but sobs came out.

"He's back! He's back! Voldemort's back!" Harry choked out somehow. "Cedric, he asked us to bring his body back."

"Let me through!" I heard someone, an older man, shout in the crowd. "That's my son! That's my boy!" The man shouted, and I immediately knew who it was.

Amos Diggory.

Cedric was only my first boyfriend, and his death hurt like hell, I couldn't even imagine how Amos must be feeling right now. I looked up as he finally reached us, then fell to his knees as he cried out.

The sound he made was indescribable. It was like someone was tearing him limb from limb, as though he was in excruciating pain, and I guess he was.

"C'mon, Harry, Hailey, let's give him a moment." Dumbledore encouraged. Harry stood, but I couldn't pull myself off him.

"Hailey, come on." Harry whispered, kneeling next to me. His tears had stopped somehow, while some fresh ones tumbled down my face. I nodded, pushing myself off him. Amos looked me in the eyes as I stood, and I lost it.

I cried uncontrollably into Harry, who pulled me along with him under his arm as we walked back towards the castle. I don't remember much in the walk back, seeing as my vision was too blurred and I didn't care enough to stop it.

Before I knew it, we were in the halls of Hogwarts, being dragged into Moody's Defence Against The Dark Arts room, and into a small room behind it, his office.

Moody, who followed us in, gestured to a small bench big enough for Harry and I and we took a seat, Harry still holding me as I cried into his shoulder.

"So I think you know why you're both here, Harry." Dumbledore started. I instantly got confused, seeing as he just referred to Harry.

What'd Harry know that I didn't?

"But I thought-" Harry began, but Moody interrupted.

"Well we gotta tell her now, don't we, you both could have been killed by the Dark Lord!" He said in his loud voice, his eyes rolling as if Harry was mad.

"Tell me what?" I asked, my voice quiet and shaky. I knew it had to be about me, for I was the only female in the room. I took a few deep breaths to control my tears, and wiped them away quickly.

"You've been having recurring dreams, haven't you, Hailey? Always the same one?" Dumbledore asked. Normally, yes, but I thought about all my Draco and Cedric dreams that I'd had this year.