25- The Yule Ball Part 4

HAILEY'S POV

"I'm so glad you accepted my invitation, darling." He said, getting closer to my face with his. Oh no. He was going to try to kiss me again.

"And why's that?" I said a little too quickly, trying to change the subject or distract him or something.

"Because we haven't been... hanging out... as much." He said and I understood what he was trying to say. I haven't kissed him in a while.

"Oh- uh, yea... school..." My eyes were wide as his face was inches away from mine. Why couldn't I just say it? Just tell him the truth, Hailey!

"Shh." He shushed me in a whisper and just as his lips were about to hit mine, I turned my face and his lips met my cheek. He pulled back almost immediately and I didn't give him time to ask questions.

"Let's dance!" I yelled and grabbed his hand, dragging him into the middle of the dance floor. I didn't know how much more of this I could take.

"I thought you were tired?" I heard him ask but I chose to ignore it. Every time he tried to kiss me it took everything in me to not kiss him and that scared me. Why did I have no control over myself when it came to Draco?

A fast song was being sung and Draco began to twirl me around again and grab my hands, pulling them towards him at opposite times. Left hand, right hand, turn. Right hand, left hand, turn. It was actually pretty fun being whipped around by Draco and I couldn't help the huge smile that spread out across my face. I noticed the large smile on his face too. His dimples were clear on his face which only added to his attractiveness. I began to wonder if I wished Draco would have asked me out first. The thing was, no matter which guy I chose in the end, both relationships would have the same fate. They would both be crushed at the end of the school year when I would have to fly back to France, and both guys would be staying here. One graduating and going out into the world, about to be exposed to more girls far prettier than me, and one who would return next year and probably end up with Pansy Parkinson, who I had noticed was giving me evil stares all night as she danced with Blaise, her date. I confirmed my earlier suspicions that Blaise facies Pansy.

Draco started laughing with joy as we continued to dance until the song ended and a slower one began to play. Draco let go of my hand and stared at the floor with a small smile on. He looked down at me and arched an eyebrow, asking to dance. I blushed and nodded. He immediately pulled me close and placed a small but gentle kiss on my forehead. It was like my whole head was on fire. I felt his hand wrap around my lower back and I smiled at him, letting him know it was okay. He was a shade of pink and I thought it was funny that Draco Malfoy, the cocky, arrogant Slytherin was nervous. I laughed a little and placed my hands around his neck, and pulled him closer so that I could rest my head on his chest. I could hear his heartbeat and loved how it sounded like it was racing. He moved one of his hands from my lower back to my hair and stroked it. I closed my eyes and breathed in the scent of Draco, mint and cologne.

"Hailey." His attractive voice rang in my ears and I pulled my head off his chest to look at him, still wrapped in his arms. "What are you going to do about the second task?" He asked, genuinely concerned. Draco was worried again.

"Oh... well-" I wasn't sure how to answer.

"Have you discovered the clue? I hear Potter's having some trouble with that." He smirked and chuckled a little.

"Hey." I gave him a scolding look for laughing at Harry. "I have actually. It said something about having an hour to look for something in the Black Lake. Something that belongs to me that they've taken." I told him the truth and his eyes widened.