8- The Week Of Draco Part 1

HAILEY'S POV

The rest of September and early October flew by quickly and the warm summer air had begun transitioning to cold. I spent the rest of September mostly getting to know Draco, but also continuing to build my friendship with Harry. It hasn't taken long for us to get close with all the things we had in common.

It was now the last week of October, and things with Draco hadn't changed exactly, except he was much nicer to me now. He liked me, and I was beginning to like him more and more every day, but he hasn't asked me out yet. I often wondered why. We also haven't kissed since that one time on the Quidditch Pitch. It was starting to kill me, and I wondered if it was because I was a bad kisser, but who could blame me? I didn't have much practice.

This week had been filled with Draco and Harry, but mostly Draco.

Draco took me out Monday, up to the astronomy tower where he had been that day when everyone else was in the Courtyard. The moment I got up the stairs and saw the view, I couldn't help but stare. I was right against the railing, while Draco leaned on the wall across the room, smirking as usual. That was something I had come to notice; Draco never smiled, only smirked.

"The view is beautiful!" I gasped, not taking my eyes off the brilliant afternoon sky. I was thankful today was one of the last warmer days. Birds soared over the reflection of the sun gleaming off the lake. I tried to stare but the reflection blinded me. I looked at the green hills which reminded me of home. I began to think about my parents until Draco pushed any other thoughts but him out of my mind.

"Mine is too," Draco spoke quietly. I turned around and came face to face with him. I bit my lip and blushed when I realized he was talking about me. His face was a shade of pink as he put his hands on my hips and his blue eyes pierced into mine. My lips parted as I closed my eyes, a small smile forming on my lips. He pushed a stray hair behind my ear and left his hand there for awhile, before dangling it by his side again. I leaned forward and he let go of me, inhaled sharply and turned around, placing his hands in his hair and releasing the breath. Once again, in a moment where I thought he may kiss me, he didn't.

"Draco?" He turned back around a few minutes later and smiled and shook his head.

"I wanted to show you this because it reminds me of how I feel when I see you." He spoke into my ear as he came back, turned me around, and wrapped his arms around me from behind. I leaned back into him and breathed out. I was beyond confused. I was about to kiss him, and he backed away, then came back and pretended like everything was okay? Maybe he didn't know what I was trying to do... but this had been going on since September...

///

Tuesday, Draco politely (shocking as it was) pulled me away from Harry and our friends during dinner. He came over just a few minutes after it started.

"Potter," I looked up at Draco, then back over to Harry, who seemed a little confused.

"Malfoy," Harry said moments after. Neither of the boys sounded mad with one another, but over the month, I had learned about their long feud from Hermione. Neither of the boys would explain to me what actually went down to cause it, I only knew it existed. It sucked that my two favourite boys at Hogwarts couldn't stand each other.

"May I steal Hailey from you?" My stomach fluttered. He came over and spoke to his worst enemy to get me. Harry looked at me, with concerned eyes. I nodded slightly to tell him I wanted to, and he gave Draco a small smile.

"Alright," Harry said and stabbed his fork into his food. I went over to the Slytherin table where I sat down next to Draco.

"Boys, this is her. This is Hailey." Draco introduced and flushed a dark red. I smiled at his words and said "Hi" to Draco's friends. I was curious as to why he said 'boys' when my eyes grazed over a Slytherin girl, who seemed to be picking at her nails. Maybe she was considered 'one of the boys'? Why'd she look so familiar?