28- Slytherin Tower Part 1

HAILEY'S POV

It didn't take long to get back to Slytherin tower. After I nodded, Draco started (basically) jogging with my hand attached to his, so I had to jog too, in my heels. It was cute how he was so excited to bring me to his tower. Every now and then he'd look back and me, flashing me his real smile and little by little, the flashing red light in my head that said 'Cedric Diggory' dimmed.

Draco mumbled something I assumed was the password and marched into his tower. He pulled me over to a silver couch with green cushions, Slytherin colours. I compared this common room with the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor ones in my head and decided the Gryffindor one was the most attractive.

He sat down on the couch, and I did the same beside him. It was now very late at night. The music from the Ball couldn't be heard anymore, and I assumed it had ended long ago. The Slytherin common room was empty and if it was anything like the Gryffindor common room, the emptiness was just another reason to assume it was late (as the older students in Gryffindor normally stayed in the common room very late).

"So..." He mumbled after we had been sitting for awhile. We were sitting on either side of the large couch but were still connected through our hands that were resting on the cushion between us.

"What do you wanna do? Wanna talk?" Draco sounded so unlike himself. I was very confused. Was he nervous?

Was it because of me?

"I'm actually really tired," I said, thinking about it. I could see his face fall a little and I instantly felt bad. He pulled his hand out of mine.

"Okay... I'll go see if Pansy is in her dorm." My eyes followed Draco as he marched up the stairs and walked across the bridge at the top, just like the setup in the Gryffindor common room. He opened a door and disappeared. I huffed and looked around the common room a little more. It was dark, with green and silver everywhere. The fire was enchanted to burn green and it was sort of freaky.

"What are you doing here, Hailey?" A voice from behind me made me jump on the couch as I grabbed my chest. I turned around and saw Pansy.

"Pansy! You scared me!" I closed my eyes and took deep breaths as I began to laugh.

"What are you doing here?" She cracked a smile as she re-asked her question.

"Draco brought me here. I can't sleep in my tower tonight... He's just gone to look for you to ask if I could bunk with you-"

"Oh... Don't tell him I was here!" Pansy smirked and winked and ran back out the door she came in, giggling quietly. What just happened?

I heard footsteps and looked up to see Draco standing in front of me, his arms held out to help me up.

"She's not in her room, she must still be out." He released my hands once I pulled on them to stand up, then rubbed the nape of his neck with one. "If you want, you- uh... you can, you can sleep in m-my room," Draco asked, ignoring my eyes. This Draco was so foreign to me. Rather than being his usual confident, smirky self, he was nervous and shy. It was adorable.

Pansy's actions started to make sense in my head. She wants us together, and she knows Draco better than anyone. She knew he'd offer if she wasn't here. She wants us to be together...

"Okay," I whispered, biting my lip. Draco gave me a real smile and I stared with my lip still between my teeth. Grabbing one of my hands again, Draco pulled me up the stairs behind him. He pushed open a door and when I looked around, I noticed there was only one bed in the entire room. It was the same size as the Gryffindor dorms, only it had one large bed, queen size I think, in the centre and a desk. There was also a large cabinet and dresser.