12- Dragons

HAILEY'S POV

Draco and I kept getting closer. I told him all about how my biological parents died in a car crash, and even showed him the scar on my collarbone. He was always so caring, now kind, and attractive. Very attractive. Draco Malfoy was the kind of boy you only saw in your dreams, and he liked me. Well, I was pretty sure he liked me. He told me he did, but it seemed so surreal.

I was pinned up against the rail of the astronomy tower, Draco kissing me hard. The astronomy tower was really the only place Draco kissed me. We could kiss quickly then and again behind walls or in empty hallways, but the astronomy tower was the only place we knew we were truly safe because not many people knew about it, only those in a class that required it, and after school hours nobody cared enough to come up and visit it. That's why this was one of Draco's favourite places, and it quickly became one of mine too.

Draco pulled back from my lips and I assumed he was going to kiss my neck. He had never done this before, but I wouldn't mind. I waited excitedly for the contact of his lips that never came.

"Draco?" All I felt was his hot breath on my skin.

"The tournament starts soon." He mumbled and I sighed.

"I know," I whispered. I was worried, but why was it affecting him?

"How are you feeling about it?" He asked, now pulling back from my neck and staring into my eyes as he rubbed the nape of his neck. He was worried. I had picked up on the emotions that matched some of his body language in all the time I've been spending with him.

"I have no idea what it is, or what I'll have to do. I'm scared." I whispered, now avoiding eye contact and he pulled me in for a hug. He smelled slightly of mint and I breathed it in, instantly feeling calm.

"You'll be fine, Hailey. I know you will." His words weren't as comforting because I knew he was letting it get to him too, and therefore wasn't 100 percent sure I would be fine.

He kissed my cheek before grabbing my hand and walking us back down the astronomy tower stairs to go for lunch. Draco was really affectionate. I didn't mind though. He surprisingly didn't let go of my cold hand until the familiar smell of the Great Hall food met our noses. I walked towards the Gryffindor table where I found Celeste and Dean.

"Celeste!" I threw my arms around her slender waist, something I've always been jealous of. Dean was still holding her hand as she hugged me with her free one.

"How are you doing? Are you okay?" Celeste put her one hand on my shoulder and gave me a serious look. I had forgotten about the tournament until now. The tournament was next Saturday and today was Thursday. I hadn't been eating much all week and I'm sure I looked like a zombie from my lack of sleep.

"Fine, I'm fine." Talking about it made me nauseous so I decided not to get into it.

"Do you know what it is?" Celeste urged on, taking her seat next to her boyfriend who stared at her.

"No idea. I only know we're allowed a wand, obviously." I sighed and Celeste gave me a worried look.

"Don't worry about me, Cel." I tried to sound brave again. She parted her lips to speak just as Harry, Hermione and Ron came into the Great Hall. Ron took a seat next to me after giving me a warm smile and immediately started congratulating Dean on getting himself a 'french babe'. Harry sat quietly on the other side of me, only eating his lip rather than the food. Hermione had her nose stuck in an old, mossy book. I didn't bother asking. I talked with Ron and ate, catching Draco staring at me a couple of times.

"I forgot to tell you, Hailey," Harry spoke the first words he'd said to me all day.

"Yes?"