18- We're Friends, Nothing More

HAILEY'S POV

"Cedric!" Emily flung her arms around Cedric's neck, pulling him in for a hug. Cedric kissed her on the cheek as Allan did the same to me. I gave him a hug as well, then went to hug Emily. Hugging Emily was hard to do because Emily was heavily pregnant. Her and Allan had been married for just about a year now.

I took a seat at the table next to my boyfriend and breathed in the scents of The Three Broomsticks. I loved it here. Cedric took us everytime something important happened, like a birthday or anniversary.

"How have you two been?" Emily exclaimed and grabbed either one of our hands with her own. We all talked all night. By the time Cedric and I got back home, it was very late. I shuffled out of my heels and dress and flung myself on our bed in my underwear, too tired to change. Cedric came in not long after, now in a plain t-shirt and shorts.

"You okay, love?" Cedric came over and kissed my head.

"Tired," I mumbled, my eyes closed. I opened them and crawled under the covers, then closed them again. Cedric and I had been dating for about 4 years on and off and had been since my fourth year (and his seventh) when we met at Hogwarts. After Cedric graduated, he bought his own place where I would spend most of my summer holidays with him. Dating Cedric was hard to do after he graduated because I barely ever got to see him, that's why we dated on and off. I broke it off the first time because I felt like he didn't want to be with a girl who was 3 years younger than him and still in school when he could have any other girl, and I wanted him to be happy. I broke it off with an owl and he showed up at Platform 9 & 3/4  at Christmas break. My parents were there waiting but apparently, he had talked to them and introduced himself, explaining who he was and why he was here. My parents gave me a hug before leaving and I had no idea why they were leaving and told me to stay. Cedric then came into a clearing and I couldn't help it, I ran and jumped into his arms. We talked for a bit about the breakup and I don't remember much, but I do remember him saying "You can't get rid of me with an Owl!".

I heard the lights go out after a bit and felt Cedric crawl into bed next to me. His arm brushed mine and he gasped.

"You're freezing!" He exclaimed, wrapping his arms around me and scooting closer. The second time he broke it off. Draco had never lost feelings and kissed me one day in the hall. Of course, I pushed back and didn't snog him, but when I told Cedric he didn't believe me. He thought I deserved constant affection and he was sad that he couldn't be there to give it to me, so he broke it off, telling me I was allowed to date Draco. I didn't. I wrote to him, explaining he was the only one I wanted to be with, whether he was here or not. We got back together after that.

"I love you." He whispered and kissed my cheek.

"I love you," I mumbled and fell asleep in the warmth and comfort of Cedric's arms.

I woke up Friday morning not surprised I had had another dream. It wasn't even surprising anymore, but it still affected me emotionally. I now felt weird about Harry, Draco, and Cedric.

I eagerly threw my hair up into a high ponytail and put on civvies as we were not required to wear our uniforms since there were no classes. I had on black leggings and a baggy sky blue shirt that accented my hair. I gave myself one final look before running down to the ballroom, where we were required to meet.

Professor McGonagall was in there, helping Mr. Filch with an old record player. She noticed more people were coming in and started explaining. She kept going on and on about 'putting our best foot forward' or 'we are lions and swans' but I zoned out for most of it. The only interesting part I heard was "No champions may attend the ball together."