24- The Yule Ball Part 3

HAILEY'S POV

I couldn't be more excited. After receiving my owl, my parents immediately sent me a dress that my mother made from hand to fit my body perfectly, which it did. I look one last look in the mirror. My light purple dress matched my black hair and brought out my green eyes. The sleeves were a bit annoying as they rested on my arms and not on my shoulders, but I had to admit they made the dress come together. The dress went to the floor but when I stood in my heels that my parents had also sent along, my dress came off the floor only a bit. My hair was curled and I pulled half of it up and somehow managed to make it look like a flower. This was a talent I remember learning from my father, who grew up with all girls. He taught me how to braid and do crazy things with my hair. I reminded myself to thank him later as I took one last look in the mirror. I really liked how I looked tonight. I hoped Draco would like it, too. Wait... Did I care what he thought about me? I cared what Cedric thought of course... but Draco? I ignored these thoughts and reminded myself that it was just one night.

What could go wrong?

I attempted to zip up my dress by myself, but I was unsuccessful. I cursed aloud to myself. All my roommates had already gone to meet their dates. Celeste looked absolutely gorgeous, in a red gown that made her look like a queen. She told me earlier that Dean had something special planned for tonight. I couldn't wait to hear about it later.

I looked at the clock that rested on the wall and cursed again. I was late. I tried to zip it one more time but failed, so I ran with my dress open at the back, exposing my bra strap. I ran crimson and embarrassed until I reached the hall just before the Great Hall. I paced and tried again to zip up my dress. There was no way I could go in there with my back open, especially because it exposed my bra strap. Where was Draco? Should I ask him? I listened and heard no music or voices. That meant I was late! I didn't know what to do and I was beginning to freak out. Madame Maxime would kill me if I was late!

"Hailey?" I heard and wanted to cry when I heard Harry's voice. I was saved! I ran down the hallway in my heels which I was quite proud of and ranted.

"Harry! I've been trying to zip up this dress for about an hour now! I just can't do it and Celeste was gone and-" I started but stopped when Harry grabbed my shoulders and turned me around, and zipped my dress without another word. I didn't even realize he saw my bra strap until I turned back around, but he didn't seem phased. His eyes opened wider though as he looked at me. "I'm not late, am I?" I huffed out, changing the subject. He nodded and I felt my stomach drop.

"Mon Dieu! Madam Maxime is going to end my life. Well... how do I look?" I asked. I really wanted to know what he thought, I valued Harry's opinion a lot, more than Draco's.

"Hailey, you look beautiful." I couldn't help the big smile the spread across my face. I saw a tall blonde boy walk up behind Harry.

"Where's your date?" Harry asked and the blonde boy opened his mouth.

"Right here, Potter," Draco said and Harry rolled his eyes. A nervous feeling took over my stomach as I gave him a nervous smile. He walked up to me and snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me a little too close to him. His body warmth was comforting and he smelled really good. Mint.

"I thought you had changed your mind about coming with me..." He whispered in my ear, causing me to get goosebumps and chills. Why did my body always react this way to him? He had an effect on me that I couldn't control.

"No, no... Just a dress malfunction..." I explained quietly. I started feeling strange while I was with Draco. Was this the right choice? No one said anything for awhile until Draco cleared his throat.