Chapter 9

Chapter 9

After the last tourist left for the day, Dipper walked over to the counter. Wendy was ready. No problem, thanks to all those dumb tourists for making me forget about Dipper a while. She had watched him outside picking up trash, not to watch him bend over, but just to see if any more buses or cars pulled up, that's all.

"Hey Dipper."

"Hi! Uh, Wendy...before you clock out I was just wondering..." he looked to the side rubbing his neck. He's so adorable when he does that.

"Yeah? What?"

"Well uh, I got The Exorcist and was think..."

"No WAY! I would love to see old Barbie head haha!"

Dipper looked up smiling but confused. "Barbie head?"

"Oh yeah, I used to..." Now it was Wendy's turn to look to the side, playing with her hair.

"I used to have a Barbie doll and twist her head around. When I saw Exorcist it reminded me of Barbie and I was like the only one laughing, everyone else thought I was crazy."

"Haha! Oh man, we'll have some great laughs over that flick for sure! Uh, that is, if you want to..."

"Sure man! But uh...let's make it your place this time, kay? Just so, you know..."

"Yeah, I know...no crazy stuff happens. Don't worry Wendy, I understand how things are, and I...I want us to stay friends too, I don't want any more misunderstandings." And he stood up tall, smiling. "Thanks Wendy. Come over whenever you want."

"Kay man. "

...

Wendy was humming a tune as she walked home. What should I wear? Dipper shares his room with Mabel, what if she is there too? Bah, what does it matter? Why should I care if she's there or not? But...she'll be so nosy, she'll be watching us all night. I should...I should call Dipper and tell him my place, then I won't have to share...I mean, we won't have to share the bedroom with Mabel, nosy little squirt.

She used speed dial on her phone and called him.

"Hi Wendy!"

"Hey man, I changed my mind, how about you come over to my place and we watch it there? Mabel...well watching at your place might be a ..."

"I totally get it, and yeah, let's. Sounds great! I'll see you tonight."

"Kay man, see ya."

There! That will get Mabel outta the way. Not that I care.

She walked into her front door.

...

"WENDY! I'm starving, get dinner going!"

"But dad, I have to get ready..."

"ARRRRGHHH! DINNER!" and her brothers lined up behind her dad.

"Yeah! We're hungry too!"

"OK, OK! Sheesh. How come you guys are home so early today anyway?"

"We had to start early. We've already put in 10 hours, and we worked up an appetite. Three bacon cheeseburgers for me!"

"And two for me!"

"and me!"

"and me!"

"OK, OK hold your horses!"

Wendy got out the ground beef and bacon and then the pots and pans. By the time dinner's over and I do the dang dishes it'll start getting late.

...