Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Wendy looked at Dipper with lowered eyes as they walked away from the police station to the car holding hands.

"I think we can all fit in the Stanley mobile...if you sit on my lap."

Dipper turned to her and smiled. "Or you sit on mine. I now know your end is softer than mine." And he gave her a quick kiss as she giggled. Then as they watched Soos load Wendy's bike into the trunk, Dipper noticed Tambry down the block walking across the street towards home.

Wendy noticed him watching her, and then he turned to Wendy.

"Wendy, we should give her a ride home. She's a friend. "

Wendy smiled without hesitation. "And she got you out of jail." She rubbed noses with him, and then whispered.

"I trust you." She gave him a quick kiss and let go of his hand, and watched him run down the block after Tambry.

"Tambry!"

She turned around and it was obvious she was still crying. Dipper slowed to a walk as he approached her and then putting a hand in his pocket, looked down and to the side as his other hand rubbed the back of his neck.

"Tambry, why don't you ride with us? You don't have to walk all the way home by yourself." And he looked back up at her and smiled.

Tambry sniffed and wiped her nose with her sleeve, and then looked down the block at Wendy. The redhead waved her over, nodding.

Tambry looked back at Dipper.

"You...you sure it's OK? snif"

"Yeah, that is, if it's OK with you."

Tambry looked once more at Wendy. The redhead shouted down the block.

"Come on already Tambry! We don't have all day." And finally she smiled.

Tambry smiled back and then looked at Dipper.

"Thanks Dipper." And they turned back together walking to the car. This is the kind of thing that made me fall in love with him, that he actually cares about me. Wendy is so lucky.

Dipper glanced at her but quickly, sensitive to Wendy watching them both.

I hate to see Tambry crying, especially after she confessed that she loves me. I hope she finds a new guy that will make her happy.

"Tambry, uh..." he swallowed. She looked back at him.

"Yeah?"

"Uh...you know you're pretty enough that some guy is gonna, you know, ask you out. Probably a bunch of guys. "

He even cares about my feelings! I can't help loving him.

"Thanks Dipper. You are so sweet." I want to at least hug him, like at the cemetery, or even just touch his arm...but he would probably get mad. And Wendy will kill me.

She looked forward as they approached the car. "Thanks. Snif"

Stan was already behind the wheel, with Soos riding shotgun and Mabel in between, the Stanley mobile was a 1960's car built wide and large enough for six. That left room for three in the back.

I know Wendy doesn't like Tambry so...maybe I should sit in the middle? But then Tambry will be next to me and she'll get mad at that...His conundrum became evident on his face as he puzzled the best seating arrangement.

"Just get in Dipper." And smiling Wendy pushed him in the back seat. Getting in after him she closed the door. Tambry got in on the other side, and so it was that Dipper found himself in between the two girls.