Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"Maybe it will work." Then Wendy held his hand.

"Yeah. They look like opposites, but..." Dipper was watching the back of Lee on their left and Tambry on their right about a hundred feet ahead of them as they all walked down the hill back to town.

"...But opposites attract? Anyway, they look cute together. Oh! Hey, look!"

Wendy pointed to Lee. He had plugged in his ear buds, placed one in his right ear, and offered the other to Tambry. She smiled and plugged it into her left ear, and they kept walking down the hill as they shared the mp3 earphones.

...

"You like Imogen Heap?"

She shrugged. "Sure. What's up?"

"Headlock." He pushed play on his phone, and they kept walking down the green hill. The blue sky above was bright upon Gravity Falls, birds flying overhead. Is it really beautiful today, or just the pills starting to take effect? They had just passed the cemetery gate and were now back in the land of the living, pine forest on both sides of them. She felt enchanted: the scent of pine trees, of rich fertile earth, and of walking with a tall boy, a cute boy.

Distant flickering, greener scenery.
This weather's bringing it all back again.
Great adventures, faces and condensation.
I'm going outside to take it all in.

Tambry looked behind her at the cemetery gate, and then saw Dipper and Wendy behind her, and smiled at them. Then she turned back around and looked at Lee. His smile is always there, but always sincere. I think he really loves life! And everyone in it. I have never seen him angry at anyone. Or anything. Then the music's beat began to dominate the mood.

You say too late to start, got your heart in a headlock,
I don't believe any of it.
You say too late to start, with your heart in a headlock,
You know you're better than this.

She reached for his hand, and he welcomed her grasp, and with a firm but gentle hand he began to slowly swing both their hands together forward then backward then forward again in time with the music. Does she really like me? Or is it the pills?

She smiled openly now, picking up on his timing to the music, and began a dancing walk, first her left foot, bouncing on it twice, then her right foot, and bouncing on it twice, each step forward a playful choreography to the song. He joined her, his right foot to her left, the two of them dance-walking in symmetry. Then they added their arms, his left arm the extended wing to her right, their middle arms still swinging back and forth together in time.

We're a different pair, do something out of step.
Throw a stranger an unexpected smile...with big intention.
Still posted at your station.
Always on about the day it should have fled.

Lee was watching Tambry as she dance-walked in her sequin prom dress: her cleavage bouncing in the dresses sexy cut top, and every time her Converse sneakers hit the pavement, her thighs stretched the dress forward, and new sparkles splashed brilliantly across his eyes.

Tambry was checking him out too: beige shorts revealing his hairy muscled legs as he kept time with her steps, and then she looked up at him and could see a thousand suns dappled across his orange party tee and his face and long, breeze blown hair; reflections from her dress. He looks like a sun god.

Wendy smiled and looked at Dipper and then back at the dancing couple in front of them. Then she looked behind her at Mabel, grinning. Mabel responded.

"Match MADE! Woo hoo!" and Mabel lifted her arms straight up, fingers pointing to the sky in victory.

Wendy smiled and then looked back at Dipper, and he nodded.