Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Dipper sat on the cold steel bench in the holding cell. Hands clasped together and looking down at the cracked concrete floor between his knees. Even his sighs reverberated with a metallic echo in the empty cell area, he was the only one incarcerated this day.

Wendy is going to be so disappointed in me. But Robbie...he threw the first punch, that jackass. But...Wendy used to like him. She...she used to say it made her happy to see us two, "her boys" get along.

And now I punched him in the face. Well serves him right for trying to sucker punch me! She'll be just as mad at him, if not more. And he's eighteen, and he punched me, a minor. That should count for something! Assault on a minor. Yeah! So that should make him hesitate to press charges against me! But...it's his word against mine. Except...Tambry was there! She was a witness! Maybe she will tell the police and tell Wendy what happened! She...Dipper sat up straight as he recalled events.

She kissed the window. It reminded me of when she kissed my forehead, and I touched my forehead to the kiss but...now that I think about it, she...maybe Wendy is right. Maybe she is like, trying to steal me? From Wendy?

Dipper smirked and stood up, and walked to the bars, holding them and putting his face against them looking at nothing in particular.

Tambry better not get any ideas. She is very cute, but she's not Wendy, not by a mile. He turned around and leaned against the bars.

Wendy...she dressed up the day after we kissed. Did she...did she do that for me? I hope she doesn't think she has to do that to try and be like Tambry. I love her the way she is. He smiled and slowly slid down the bars to sit down on the concrete floor.

She is awesome just the way she is. Those freckles. That hair. And those eyes...

He closed his eyes as he recalled their kisses. It doesn't matter where I am Wendy, I just think of you and I'm OK. Then he stopped smiling. He remembered her crying at the cemetery picnic. But...she's afraid! She needs me! She is never afraid of anything in this physical world, but she's afraid of heartache! Of losing me!

He stood up, determination on his face. I've got to get out of here! Don't worry Wendy, I'm coming!

...

A smiling and confident Mabel and a very worried Tambry walked back into the police station lobby. Worry turned to fear as she saw who had arrived, she would recognize those mud stained boots, jeans and green plaid anywhere. Stan was yelling at Wendy for leaving the shack.

Oh no! Wendy is here!

Then Wendy turned around when she heard the girls walk in the lobby. Stan covered his face with a palm. "Oh boy, here we go."

"You. What are you doing here?" Wendy was demanding, arms crossed. A sweat suit, at least she isn't dressing slutty this time!

Tambry looked at Mabel, who kept smiling, and gently pushed Tambry's arm towards the window.

"Tell them Tambry. Go ahead."

Wendy looked at Mabel with an almost betrayed face, mixed with confusion. Then she looked back at Tambry who swallowed and then answered.

"I'm here for the same reason as you. For him."

"Tambry..." Wendy slowly started marching towards Tambry, an angry frown and furrowed eyebrows making the rest of her thoughts clear.

But Mabel then stood in front of Tambry with her hands out front and stopped Wendy.

"Wendy! You don't know the whole story! Nobody does, but everyone needs to know the whole story! Show them Tambry!"