Chapter 24

Chapter 24

Wendy welcomed Dipper back to the shack with a quick peck on the lips. Then he walked past her over to Grunkle Stan and held out the new key and the original. Stan reached out and Dipper dropped both keys into his hand.

"Here Grunkle, don't lose the old key or you won't get a new key."

"Haha! Good one kid!" and Stan smiled.

"You're so funny." And Wendy reached out to Dipper and gave a gentle twist to his ear.

"Funny? Why, what's funny?"

"The joke you just made."

"Oh. I didn't know it was a joke, I guess I didn't get it when Tambry..." And Dipper went quiet as he looked at the floor in confusion, removing his hat and scratching his head.

Wendy now looked concerned. She tilted her head as she looked at Dipper and placed her hands on her hips. "Wait, Tambry? She said that? To you? When?"

Dipper put his hat back on and looked up. "This afternoon on the way to town. Well, she walking back from town as I was walking to town."

Wendy smirked. "Oh, her and Robbie, coming back from the music store for the millionth time?"

"Well no, actually she was by herself."

Wendy's smirk vanished. "Oh? So you and her talked?"

"Yeah. She dropped her phone and I picked it up and gave it to her. Then I told her I was getting a new key and she told me not to lose the old one. Or I wouldn't get a new one. Or something like that."

The old drop the phone trick. Wendy looked to the side in thought.

"Is something wrong? What's the joke? I don't get it."

Stan laughed, and then walked away. "I ain't touching that one! Haha!" He left Wendy and Dipper alone.

Wendy looked up and smiled. "Oh, it's an old joke. Uh...I'll explain it later. I'll be back in a few."

She went to the cash register counter to get her phone, and looked up Tambry's blog.

She better not be trying to bait my boy. She pulled up Tambry's website.

Hmmm Tambry's blog hadn't been updated in over 24 hours. That's odd. She usually lets everyone know every little thing. Daily. Unless...unless she's trying to hide something. This cyber silence is really suspicious...She would wouldn't post something if she thought it would cause trouble! Wendy looked up and frowned. Then she noticed Dipper had followed her into the shack store lobby.

"What's wrong Wendy?"

"Oh nothing. Yet. So what else did Tambry say Dipper?"

"Nothing much else. Except that she was done with Robbie, for leaving her alone so many times."

She is done with Robbie... and starting with someone else...MY someone!

"Wendy? What...what's on your mind?"

She realized she was letting her expressions mirror her thoughts. She smiled and walked over to Dipper and hugged him. They kissed briefly and then she whispered to him.

"Dipper, what if...what if Tambry...hit on you? What would you do?"

"What? No way!" He looks genuinely surprised. "She did no such thing babe, honest!"

Her flirting went right over his adorably naive head. Good.

"But what if she did? What would you do?"