Chapter 1

As I stood in the bathroom, I stared at myself in the mirror. My face was pale, and my eyes had grown wide. The wait for the test was driving me crazy. I looked all around the room, but my eyes were constantly drawn back to my face staring back at me in the mirror. I hated it. I hated myself for making such a stupid move. We knew Logan was leaving in a few weeks, but we didn't care. We did what we were going to do anyway, and we didn't give it a second thought. I felt so foolish as I stared at the seventeen-and-a-half year old looking at me through my mirror.

Slowly, the clock ticked by, and it had soon been five minutes. After what had seemed like years of deep thought, I looked down at my bathroom sink. Beside the sink bowl laid two pregnancy tests. The two pink lines on both tests mocked me. I knew I shouldn't have done it. I was so stupid to think we'd be safe.

I couldn't tell my parents. There would be no way I'd tell my parents. I was going to be secretive about it until I could no longer hide it.

Logan had just gone away to Harvard, his dream school. He worked so hard during high school so he could get into Harvard . He had worked extra hard to get out of school early to travel to America so he could go to Harvard in the "fall" in the Northern Hemisphere.

For me, the winter months were the ones that were the saddest. You couldn't go outside without having a coat on most of the time. During the winter, it was the part of the school year where it seemed to drag on. It just never seemed to end. That was the worst part about it for me, and the fact that I was pregnant was tagged onto that. As I stared at the positive pregnancy tests in my hands, I could picture it going around school. I knew people would make fun of me. They'd make my worst nightmare their best joke. I was almost in tears just thinking of the things that would happen in the months to come. At least I would be graduated by the time I had the baby. That was one big plus.

My phone began to ring, and it startled me so much that I dropped the tests into the sink. Quickly, I grabbed them once again and rushed over to my bed to grab my phone that was in the middle of it. I could tell it was Logan's ringtone, and it made me terribly worried. What would happen if I blurted out something to him while on the phone? I wouldn't, and I couldn't. I had to control myself.

"Hello?" I answered the call.

"Hey, babe," Logan said, his sweet and familiar voice rang through my ears.

"Hey Logan," I replied, almost in tears. I had to keep it in. "How are you?"

"I'm okay, I guess. I'm just getting settled in," he told me. "Now I know exactly why this school is my dream school. It's amazing."

I clenched the pregnancy tests in my right hand while my left hand was holding the phone to my ear shakily. "That's great. I didn't know I'd be hearing from you," I told him honestly, becoming more and more nervous by the second. Every word that passed through my lips had a chance of being the words that changed Logan's life forever. Thankfully, those words never came.

"Of course you'd be hearing from me. I know I said that the long distance relationship wouldn't work out, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to call you once in a while. I can't go very long without talking to you. I'll try to call you about once a week, but once classes start in a few weeks, I don't know how often I'll be able to call you," he explained to me. My heart sank.

"I understand," I told him truthfully. I couldn't expect him to call me all of the time, especially with him being in college. The time zones made it harder for him to call. To him, he really no longer had a reason to call me. He wasn't my boyfriend anymore, from what I understood, and he didn't know about my pregnancy. If he called, it would be because he wanted to. That's what I wanted. I didn't want him to be calling me because he felt like he needed to like he would if he was my boyfriend again or if he knew about the baby. I needed him to want to call me. That's what made me feel good, knowing that he wanted to talk to me.

"You've been so supportive of my decision, Lil, and I can't thank you enough. I really do love you, and I'm so sorry about what we had to do," he apologized.

"Don't put yourself down, Logan. You are going to school to become a doctor, and you are so, so smart. Don't ever blame yourself for this. I'm fine, and we will be fine. I promise you," I smiled through my pain, though he couldn't see me.

"Thank you so much, Lil. I love you," he told me repeatedly.

"I love you too," I bit my lip as I ended the phone call. I laid back on my bed, letting my phone fall to my chest with the pregnancy tests still gripped tightly in my right hand. I closed my eyes for a minute, trying to imagine how my life would be like from then on.

After I opened my eyes, I stood up quickly, trying to find a place to put the pregnancy tests to hide them from my parents. I put them in a box in the drawer I keep my girl products in. I knew that in the months to come, I wouldn't need to use those.

I plopped myself onto my bed after closing the drawer. I laid there for a while, so long that I couldn't keep track. My mind raced as I thought of how my parents would react, how kids at school would react, how Logan would react when (or if) I told him.

I picked through options of what to do in my head. Should I tell my parents now, or should I wait? Should I tell Logan, or should I not? Should I try to hide it or not? There were many questions popping up in my head. I couldn't answer them all at once. I answered them one by one.

I wasn't going to tell my parents quite yet, and I knew I wanted to hide it as best as I could. I wouldn't tell Logan because I knew how important his education was to him and how smart he was. He's been dreaming of going to Harvard for the longest time, and he was finally there. I was so proud of him, and I wasn't going to ruin his happiness. This pregnancy would not ruin anything, or at least that's what I told myself.

~~~

I really hope you guys are going to like this sequel:)
-Lizzie xx